Applying Pressure To People's Religious Beliefs - Sam Harris @ Big Think (Part 10).
Subscribe to Science & Reason:
1) Why I Criticize Religion:
2) Modern Science vs. Religious Dogma:
3) Why Do We Need Religion?
4) Atheist Dogmatism And Secular Fundamentalism:
5) The Legacy Of Faith:
6) The Good, The Evil, And The Useful:
7) Relevance Of The Bible In The 21st Century:
8) Choosing The Right Religion:
9) The Power Of Religious Beliefs:
10) Applying Pressure To People's Religious Beliefs
Sam Harris is an author and commentator on philosophy and religion. He is the author of the bestsellers "The End of Faith", which won the 2005 PEN Award for Nonfiction, and "Letter to A Christian Nation". Harris' writing has been published in over ten languages and has garnered attention from numerous media outlets and journals. Harris also makes regular appearances on television and radio to talk about the danger that religion now poses to modern societies. Harris was educated at Stanford University and is currently completing a doctorate in neuroscience.
This is a digital age, one in which a wealth of accessible information empowers you, but where is the information coming from? How accurate and unprocessed is it? How empowered do you feel debating a television screen or a newspaper? The task is to move the discussion away from talking heads and talking points, and give it back to you. That is Big Think's mission.