having thought about it for a long time, and having no respect for the
biblical 10 commandments I am going to post 10 for a secular society
that have far more relevance and meaning than the bibles ever did.
10. Determine what is moral by using your own brain and this simple tenet.
Does this action cause harm?
9. Do not buy into any dogmatic belief. Dogma keeps you from making morality decisions.
8. Question everything. Have a healthy respect for evidence and always
keep an open mind about your beliefs in case they are wrong.
7. Seek knowledge and recognize that education is the key to
understanding. Do not ignore contrary evidence, to the contrary, you
should explore it.
6. Do not do to others as you would not want them to do to you.
5. Live each day with joy and wonder.
4. Exercise, and stay healthy.
3. Never be silent in the face of wrong doing. Evil requires nothing but that good men stay silent.
2. Be truthful, even if it is inconvenient and uncomfortable.
1. Do not take these commandments as authoritarian.
It all boils down to "Don't be an ass"
Maybe we should call them 10 Secular suggestions for good and moral living.
Certainly better than the bibles, and less open to harmful interpretation.