I just watched a life changing movie. I don't say that often. A lot of the information I already knew but it was presented nicely and with a berth of evidence. You can watch it free at http://zeitgeistmovie.com/. I HIGHLY recommend you watch it and get mad.

Views: 177

Comment

You need to be a member of Atheist Nexus to add comments!

Join Atheist Nexus

Comment by Фелч Гроган on May 17, 2009 at 12:59am
Thanks Joey. I haven't watched it - I'll see if I have any spare bandwidth at the end of the month and I might have a look. But I gotta say the complete absence of any kind of notice or response from the wider community that is worthy of respect is enough grounds to be dubious.

Comment by Joey on May 16, 2009 at 9:24pm
This isn't even anecdotal evidence.
These people are nuttier than squirrel shit.
At least it was mostly new crazy conspiracy theories.
Right up until "Taxes are theft! Income tax is illegal! Taxes are slavery!".
Then it got kinda boring.
I did giggle a bit at the insane guy with bad teeth screaming we needed to be angry. I could've watched that for an hour.

So there's their independant review. They're fucking crazy.
Comment by Фелч Гроган on May 16, 2009 at 11:24am
Alex: WTC conspiracies have something in common with theism...they both require blind faith in spite of the evidence.

Like I always say -

conspiracy = religion - god
Comment by Фелч Гроган on May 16, 2009 at 10:51am
I'm not offering an opinion either way, just fulfilling my duties as resident Cynic. Reading through the scattered bits and pieces, this all looks rather a lot like the latest incarnation of the many permutations of SMI2LE, first born in the acid fuelled haze of the 60's. As with all of these types "paradigm shifts" (fuck I hate those words), its not the 90% of the stuff that's presented to you as sensible and reasonable that interests me, its the other 10% you don't see until you've chiselled away all of the veneer. But there really doesn't seem to be anything new here.
Comment by Фелч Гроган on May 16, 2009 at 9:43am
Another gem from the Wikipedia argument page -

Media criticism of Zeitgeist movie unbalanced

Media criticism of Zeitgeist movie is unbalanced being mainly negative and abusive with the film critics abandoning film criticism for ideological correctness.

For balance I recommend referencing the 27 Customers Reviews in Amazon.com which cover the spectrum of opinion more justly than the current Wikipedia article on Zeitgeist.


Yup, place your faith in the masses. That never goes wrong.
Comment by Фелч Гроган on May 16, 2009 at 5:04am
Just what the world needs - more conspiracy about the Gnomes of Zurich, the Illuminati and 911. This even has Wikipedia in an internal bun fight, so the conspiracy must even extend there. Probably the most candid (and telling) comment from the film's proponents -

Anecdotal evidence is still evidence

'K. Seem to remember hearing something like that about some hippy called Jebus.

I guess it's a logical progression from Teabaggers and Oath Keepers. I think I'll use the 700 meg download chunk for pr0n instead.

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

 

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service