Comment

You need to be a member of Atheist Nexus to add comments!

Join Atheist Nexus

Comment by Daniel W on February 5, 2012 at 9:08pm

I second what Joseph P stated.  I suppose there's (a) "I'm against marriage in general, so why would I support gay marriage"  (b) "x-billion people isn't enough! We need to reproduce more and populate the planet.  If 3% of the population doesn't marry the opposite sex, we're doomed! (c) "It's not natural (and any aspect of modern life is natural?  and, in fact yes it is natural), (d) as stated by a commentor on the original blog, "My 82 year old mother is an atheist but she's against gay marriage because it makes her feel icky".  Wait till someone is cleaning her diapers and changing her catheter.  Then ask her about "icky".  Oh, and (e) "the gov't only prints so many marriage licences.  If the gays use them up, then straight people cant marry."  That's my favorite!    Also there's one person who posts regularly on Nexus who feels it's just plain wrong so wrong, so very wrong.  

*

Still, we should pat ourselves on the back for being enlightened.  There is no other self-identified group who is so supportive of equality.  Except maybe LGBT people, and you might even find 14% pf them against marriage.  Especially if they are Catholic priests, or Baptist megachurch frauds.

Comment by Ruth Anthony-Gardner on February 5, 2012 at 6:19pm

Horray for Atheists/Agnostics! Boo Hiss for White evangelical Protestants.

Comment by Joseph P on October 29, 2011 at 10:03am
Only 80%?  What the hell is wrong with the other 20%?

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

 

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

 

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service