2014/03/03 Looking north

We are expecting rain and getting snow instead. I really dread when the rains start ... it will be a really messy place.

You need to be a member of Atheist Nexus to add comments!

Join Atheist Nexus

Comment by Sentient Biped on March 8, 2014 at 9:21am

Joan, I hope spring is here for you, for certain, too.  This year is a new start for you, and I hope it is full of flowers, food plants, and fragrance.

I looked up your forecast - looks like low on tues is 32, but otherwise some days into nice 50s and 60s.  Sunshine on Wed.  Sounds nice!

We had a sunny afternoon yesterday.  I planted potatoes.  It's early.  It's OK if they don't grow, or if they frost.  I just had to get out and plant.

Comment by Joan Denoo on March 7, 2014 at 11:16pm

Almost all the snow is gone now. The cold snap broke a couple of days ago and temps almost reached 50 degrees F. Then we had some rain that melted it quickly, and the rest should be melted Sunday when we expect another rain storm. Spring should be springing now. I surely hope we don't have another cold snap.

Comment by Sentient Biped on March 3, 2014 at 3:43pm

That looks like winters where I grew up too, which was Zone 5. There was an advantage, gardening-wise. Fruit trees did not come out of dormancy as early, so were less likely to be subjected to a killing frost. Also the summers there, being hot and humid, made for great corn and tomato growing.

But I am not a fan of snow! I'd rather look at pictures of it! Thank you for posting them.

Comment by Joan Denoo on March 3, 2014 at 3:25pm

"Monday morning, city leaders sent out 55 pieces of equipment and crews worked through the night. Crews are focusing on arterials and residential hills."

March Snowstorm Comes Through Inland Northwest

Comment by Joan Denoo on March 3, 2014 at 3:03pm

We still have cold temps and intermittent snow. Rain is expected next. The current temp at 1:00 PM is 32 degrees F.

Comment by Sentient Biped on March 3, 2014 at 2:51pm

Your neighborhood looks so much like the neighborhood where I grew up, I could swear you live down the street!  Very nice!  Looks so comfortable and just like home.

If that's the status of snow for you right now, I won't complain ANY about late spring here!  Thank you for the reality check!

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service