(I've posted this in the general forums because I thought more people may come across it there, but this is a follow up to my post here yesterday) 

I posted yesterday in the Young Atheist group on AN about a blog project I was thinking of starting. The premise is that it would be a collaborative project to serve the needs of young and teenage atheists. I noticed a lot of young atheists have things they would like to say but have never got round to setting up a blog of their own. The idea of a collaborative blog is that young atheists (aimed at 13-25, but it’s flexible) can submit their own blog posts via a link on the blog (eventually) so that they can have their voice heard in a low pressure way, without committing to writing regularly if they don’t want to.

There was some enthusiasm for the idea, both in the comments and via personal messages, so I have decided to go ahead with the project. Before we start, I’d like to have a bit of a backlog of content. I have a few articles written and a couple of other people have also contributed something or have promised to contribute.

So this is a calling for submissions. If you are between 13 and 25 and have a piece you’ve written  or would like to write (it can be an article, a personal account of your deconversion, an opinion piece…er…a limerick…) that is between 400 and 1000 words(again, this is flexible) I would love to have it.  Topics can range from what it’s like to be a young atheist/agnostic, how you are treated in education, general atheism or scepticism…anything along those lines. Leave a comment below and tell me if you would like to contribute. A line or so describing what you would like to write about would be good, but don’t worry if you haven’t got an idea yet. I will pm those who reply with an email address you can send your article once it’s finished.

It would be really great to have as many articles as possible to help get this project off the ground. 

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

Brilliant! Thanks so much, Mike, it's great to have you on board. I'm in the process of doing all the techy stuff and organizing how the blog is going to run. I'd love to use you peice and it would probably go up sometimes next week. I'm going to post the link once I've got everything together. 

Laura  

I'm really glad you like it. I think if all of us young atheists band together we can get more by way of traffic and comments than we would by going it alone.
Hi I think that this is an amazing idea because you'll have different perspectives of atheism. I would love to do a piece on atheism and the affects that it had on education, the work place, and even friends (which have a big impact on every young person). But I would love to write a pieced or a few for you!

That would be wonderful, Telliyah. I'm glad there's so much enthusiasm from people, and I would be delighted to put up your article. I just set up the blog today and put up our first ever post! You can find it at http://generationatheist.blogspot.com/ . From the blog, there is a link at the top of the page that gives you the email address to send your submission.

I've also set up a group page on Atheist Nexus where I will put all the updates from now on. You can find that at http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/generationatheist?xg_source=activity . I would love to hear about how atheism has affected your education, work and friendships, and I'm, sure there are a lot of people who would really appreciate you sharing your experience. 

Laura :) 

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service