I made the mistake of posting a comment (very respectfully) on a homophobic fundamentalist's website, and now he's making a big fuss on one of my blog posts. Honestly, I'm tired of him, and I don't have the time or energy to debate him right now. If anyone wants to have a little fun with him, feel free.

I've had my fill.

Blog entry is here.

My original comment on his site is here.

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

I went back through his older entries, and he seems to have three responses to every argument:

1) You don't have the intellectual integrity to know that I'm right.

2) You are not reading [the Bible, my blog, my comments, etc.] properly.

3) I knew you were going to make that argument, because you are [not smart, an atheist, sinful, etc.]

"Aha, I have once again trapped you in my web of logic!"

On a side note, I think it's funny that his Wordpress theme is "Contempt". That must have been a Freudian slip of some sort.

You should never debate a creationist.  They are not sane.  Just throw in your thought barbs--your best ones, the show-stoppers--then walk away.

For instance, with this guy, say:  "They have a word for people who think homosexuality is a choice:  They're called bisexuals.  Though some insist they are actually repressed homosexuals."

Well, it's worth debating Creationists if you're in front of an audience.  If there's no one watching, though, then there's no point.

I agree, and that's why I stopped the conversation when Erik turned to evolution. I just don't do it.

I would say that if I agreed with it, but as a bisexual who accepts the current theories of gender selection, I could not make such a ridiculous statement. All the evidence points to gender selection and sexual orientation being either genetic or a mix of genetic predisposition with early childhood environmental influences.

There are some anti-gay activists who use the existence of bisexuals to try to prove that homosexuality is a choice, but this has not been backed up by any science. The theory of innate sexuality, first suggested by Sigmund Freud, says that all humans are born bisexual, and in early childhood develop into either heterosexuals or homosexuals.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service