Seriously I know I cannot be the only atheist out here in SWVA. Places like Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Roanoke, Galax, Salem...just to name a few places. Where are you people? I would love to meetup sometime make new friends.

Views: 301

Replies to This Discussion

I myself live in washington county in the abingdon area. I've been trying to start a group to do atheist activist projects.

I'm in Roanoke, as is Michal DeHaven, who I see you've posted to.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I haven't logged in here in ages.

There's more of us around, but I guess they either don't know about this site, or ignore it. My father and brother are atheist, living in Roanoke & Charlottesville. I know a few others and I'll mention this site to them.

I was a little pleased (but mostly disappointed in Giles County) to see that the representative for removing the ten commandments from Giles County schools wasn't a Giles County citizen, but a member of the student group, Freethinkers at Virginia Tech (which I was not aware of).

Hey - just joined up - live in Roanoke.  Glad to see others in this neck of Virginia.
I'm glad too! We seem to be few & far between.
Nice to meet you all

And you too! I'd be interested in getting together with all of you sometime, but we are, after all, a hard bunch to "herd".

I usually work from 4pm to 10pm, with Thursdays & Sundays off.

I have a GREAT place at Claytor Lake, outside of Radford, where we could gather and talk about our views.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service