I have quiet an extensive cookbook library. Some of my favorites are; Veganomicon, Vegetarian Planet, New Vegetarian Cuisine, and Vegetarian Slow Cooker. I enjoy looking through cookbooks and have a knack for changing recipes around and making them better.

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

Vegan Planet, Greene on Greens and Grains, Laurel's Kitchen, This Crazy Vegan Life, Enchanted Broccoli Forest, and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
I have Veganomicon, and Vegetarian Planet, too.
When I visit friends, I thumb through their cookbooks, and beg paper and pen for those that seem interesting. I've gotten great recipes from Vegan Lunchbox, and The Uncheese Cookbook, and
various cookbooks from the library.
Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure by Lorna Sass.
Veganomicon and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World
My favorite vegan cookbook of the moment is "The Vegan Soulfood Kitchen" by Bryan Terry..... Yummmmmm.
My favorite vegan blog is "Vegan Dad"...... my kids love his stuff.
Two of my favourites are:

Lord Krishna's Cuisine: The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking - Yamuna Devi

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0525245642/ref=ord_ca...

Classic Indian Vegetarian and Grain Cooking - Julie Sahni

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Indian-Vegetarian-Grain-Cooking/dp/06...
Well, I'm transitioning to a raw food based diet which is a natural progression for me. However, my favorite cookbook, is the first one that I bought years ago and I refer back to it often. It was written by a collective known as the FARM. Many cookbook writes, including Louise Hagler, famous for Tofu Cookery, came from the FARM. Oh, and in an older version of Tofu Cookery, Louise has a recipe for swiss steak, that is to die for! She removed it from all newer versions but I have the recipe and will post it here one day. It takes a little bit of work the the rewards are mighty tasty to the stomach.

Now, after all that rambling and introducing, my favorite cookbook is The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook. Everything in the cookbook is vegan and it has the "best" recipe you'll ever find for Mac & Cheese. In fact, I just made it the other night and it's my favorite comfort food.

This is a cookbook that belongs in every vegetarian/vegan's collection and can easily be purchased via Amazon.com.

Oh, and how could I forget, Cooking Southern Vegetarian by Ann Jackson. It definitely comes in close second to the New Farm.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Farm-Vegetarian-Cookbook/dp/0913990604/re...
I'm liking Veganomicon, Vegan with a Vengeance and The Kind Diet. Im definitely checking out the Vegan Cupcake book!
Vegan with a Vengeance is a good book. I have that one. I did borrow "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World" from my library. It has alot of good recipes in it. I have to buy this one now.
I'll have to look for it at the library. I've just checked out a ton of vegan recipe books.
The ones that stand out the most so far are The 30 min. Vegan and Vegan lunchbox.
There are so many things I want to try. It can get overwhelming. I also own You won't believe it's Vegan. Haven't gotten much from it yet.
I heard about this zine that's supposed to be really great for pastry cooking: Raggedy Anarchy's Guide to Vegan Baking and the Universe. Is anyone familiar with it? I am always trying to find good vegan dessert recipes.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service