Discussion came up on comment wall, and it seemed appropriate as a topic on its own.
1. Does PETA use fake blood in protests? Yes. "Peta: Using Fake Blood To Make You Feel Awkward Since 1980"
3. PETA is confrontational, they use sex, holocaust imagery, slavery imagery, and imagery of abused animals for attention.
4. PETA does euthanise animals that they deem unable to be cured of disease or unable to be 'rehabilitated.
5. PETA has attempted to get towns to change their names - such as Hamburg NY, and Fishkill NY,
6. There's more - see the wikipedia article.
Questions that can be asked, would include -
Are these tactics effective at reducing animal cruelty?
Do these tactics conver people to the cause of PETA, and to vegetarianism?
Would these tactics be convertable to an antireligious campaign to counter religious abuse?