Full disclosure.  I'm a lacto-ovo-vegetarian atheist who is also anti-abortion (save immanent death and irreversible, unbearable-pain due to disability).

Awhile back, I wrote on this page as to how I couldn't really grasp how a vegetarian could be pro-abortion (outside of the cases I've given above).  Instantly, there were some people after me over my comments.

Well, I picked back up the topic again with an anti-abortion omnivore friend of mine.

If I remember correctly, some pro-choice vegetarian/vegans didn't agree that human life began at conception.

My new question:  Would a pro-choice vegetarian/vegan technically be able to eat one of these fetuses (perhaps before it gained a central nervous system or whatever) because it's "not a human"?

Or would the pro-choice vegetarian/vegan (who doesn't think of "it" as a human), not be able to eat it?  What are your grounds assuming you won't give a cop-out such as for reasons of taste or logistics?

Thank you for thinking about this in advance.  Just curious.

Views: 159

Replies to This Discussion

Ah, the racist sexist is back.  Leave.

OK.  I will leave. I am sorry to disturb a misogynist.

HONESTLY... this discussion has no business being HERE... no matter HOW you mask it....

This is a group for VEGETARIANS & VEGANS, discussing food, diet, & social issues directly relating to our dietary & lifestyle choices....

As has been pointed out numerous times here... NO ONE has ANY RIGHT to CONTROL a WOMAN's BODY, but the WOMAN HERSELF....

If you don't like the idea... make sure YOUR girlfriend/wife feels EXACTLY as you do... before you accidentally get her pregnant... and then DON'T HAVE ONE....

As for the rest of us who are "Pro Choice", & believe in a woman's right to sovereignty....  LEAVE US ALONE!!!

Your PROSTHELYTIZING is NOT APPRECIATED!

This topic needs to be in a separate Group... "Anti-Abortion Atheists", where you can attract those of like-small-minds.

We shouldn't have to see it here...

NO ONE LIKES TO BE LECTURED TO BY SOMEONE TRYING TO FORCE HIS BELIEFS DOWN OUR THROATS!!!

(We ALL Had ENOUGH of that in CHURCH & CATHOLIC SCHOOL!!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service