All Discussions Tagged 'vegetarian' (14)

← Back to Vegetarian/Vegan Atheists
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mixed Marriages: When one family member is veg, and the other(s) are not. Aarrggh!

I've been veg for longer than a lot of people on this forum have been alive. During my entire vegetarian experience, I've never had a relat…

Started by Sentient Biped

21 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by Peter N

What's wrong with Wool?

A conversation in another thread led me to think about wool. What's wrong with wearing wool? We think of bucolic scenes, with cheep grazing…

9 Aug 26, 2010
Reply by Happy Happy, Joy joy

Vegetarian Tattoos: Is your ink kosher?

A new member's cool profile pic led me to this topic. There are plenty of vegans and vegetarians with ink - including me. I'm happy with m…

6 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by Cobbie Tigerpaw

Eating Out

I'm not crazy about eating out.  But sometimes, it's necessary, either because I'm not at home, or traveling, or out with other people (rar…

3 May 10, 2010
Reply by Michelle

First Vegetarian Spider Discovered

"Surreal" Vegetarian Spider Found -- A First A new discovery has taken the bite out of spiders' status as meat-eaters. A tropical jumping…

Started by Aaron S. (USA)

4 Mar 28, 2010
Reply by Michelle

Growing Hunger.

More reports recently on growing numbers of people going hungry. US here. This is especially a problem for women who are raising children.…

2 Nov 26, 2009
Reply by Sentient Biped

What is a Vegetarian?

I can't count the number of times that this question has come up for me. For someone who has chosen to be vegetarian, the answer is usually…

5 Nov 3, 2009
Reply by Sentient Biped

Millions of male baby chickens are ground up alive for meat and egg production.

here. Article links to video of this activity. Certainly gives me pause.

5 Sep 5, 2009
Reply by Aaron S. (USA)

Umami - the "5th taste" (salty, sweet, sour, bitter, and umami) and a holy grail for vegetarians.

This is just my opinion, not a scientific research project, but I think that the flavor that people love in meat, and miss most when becomi…

4 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Sentient Biped

Simple Home-made foods. Hummus.

One of the difficulties in being vegetarian is that it can be more difficult, to find simple, quick, home-made foods. At least for me. I ge…

6 Aug 9, 2009
Reply by David Young

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service