Wow, what a great find. I love trance ... became a fan after listening to some of the 90's Trance Nation compilations, and soon started listening to Tiesto and Ferry. Now I download practically every new set/album by all major DJs. I live in Winston Salem and, as far as I know there are NO good clubs where to listen to this kind of music, so I have to go to Charlotte's Forum when I feel the need.

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Josh! Welcome to the group.

I was an early follower of Tiesto before he became mainstream and popular. I have several early Tiesto and Ferry Corsten livesets in my collection as well as those of Armin, Marco V, Kai Tracid, Talla2xlc, Hennes & Cold, and the early Kasey Taylor to name a few. Long ago, there were two websites that I frequented to download for free all the bad ass mixes and livesets of trance and techno (especially acid) djs. One was the original ITWT site (In Trance We Trust) and the other was Djmixes2k. The ITWT site boasted the largest compilation of underground mixes in cyberdome that time. Such a shame that the sites are no longer on.
No kidding. I live in Welcome; and have been to the forum a couple times. I went to Markus Schulz last November and Above & Beyond last month.

If you like downloading sets, I suggest alldj.org which I use quite a bit.
Lucky you. I had tickets for both Armin and A&B but could not find any Winston ppl interested in going. How was A&B?
Here's part of a Tiesto set (audio only) from 2001 that I posted on YouTube last year. Enjoy.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Bethany Ransom updated their profile
29 minutes ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
31 minutes ago
EducationIsCool posted a video

The Responsibility of Atheists

This video argues for the necessity of the youtube & broader atheist community and what is, in my mind, the biggest responsibility of atheists on youtube and...
35 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Hiram's blog post "Against the Charlatans" Philodemus quote
1 hour ago
Trick replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
1 hour ago
Čenek Sekavec replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The cost of masculine crime
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to Brent Feeney's discussion BRUTALLY HONEST: The Dirty Truth About Capitalism and Free Markets
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service