Atheist Nexus Logo
As we probably all know Steven Moffat is taking over for Russel T. Davies as the lead writer and executive producer. I've noticed there's been a lot of talk about Matt Smith, but to be honest, I think the Doctor is only as good as the plotline allows, so... I'm offering up a discussion about that.

Steven Moffat's writing credits include some of the best episodes of the new series, most notably "Blink," and the two-part River Song story (for lack of a better title). He also served as head writer for the BBC3 television series Coupling, which I'd reccommend to anyone.

For these reasons, I am optimistic and have the utmost confidence in Moffat. What does everyone else think about his new position? I want to know how people feel about this.

Tags: 11th, doctor, moffat, steven, who

Views: 304

Replies to This Discussion

I'm excited about this new series...the new doctor and Moffat--He's brilliant and I think Matt Smith looks amazing, energetic and fun! I think we're all pretty excited about it, but I won't speak for everyone! RTD was looking tired! (as combom said!) lol
Tennant is a tough act to follow, but from the teasers and trailers, Smith looks hopeful and has a lot of Tennant in him. "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey"
Tennant was a genius. No denying that, but Russel T. Davies had some weak spots. I actually thought to post this because of the 4th season of Coupling. That first episode so was so brilliantly written. It was like a symphony of brilliantly complex and comedic coincidences. RTD, I think some of his stories were a bit trite, but then again: It's Doctor Who, it's a tough act to follow, with people like Douglas Adams involved previously and whatnot.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service