If that's not love, I don't know what is.  I met my wonderful atheist boyfriend 9 years ago and he got the vasectomy about a year into our relationship because we knew how strongly we felt about not having kids.  Best gift ever!

Views: 166

Replies to This Discussion

I really envy your boyfriend. I got a vasectomy during the early 1970's only to discover that most women I approached wouldn't date a man who couldn't give them children. I was, nevertheless, committed to a childless marriage. It was an unfortunate fact, back then, that most women in my age group were more concerned about having kids than having a sexually satisfying relationship without the burden of children.

You mean women wouldn't date you because you had the procedure done? I would figure that women would be banging down your door because they don't have to worry about getting pregnant. I guess they figured that the best way of keeping a man is to have a child.

That is great that he is supportive!

Awwwwwwww. Total keeper.

Yes, he IS a keeper!

Congrats. Happy for you both

Congratulations. I had a vasectomy myself 5 years ago. Besides, if I ever change my mind about children, I would adopt. Plus, the world is already over populated.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service