INR 25,00,000 challenge to all astrologers to forecast result of Parliament Election 2009

Science and Rationalists’ Association of India (Bharayatiya Bigyan o Yuktibadi Samiti) challenges all astrologers to forecast following results / information regarding Parliament Election 2009:--

How many seats will be acquired by Congress, BJP, TMC, CPI(M), BSP, RJD, Samajbadi Party, DMK, AIDMK?
How much differences in votes will remain to win/lose for Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi, Lalkrishna Advani, Mamata Bandopadhyay, Laluprasad Yadav, Rambilas Paswan from their respective nearest opponents?
If any astrologer can forecast the correct result, Science and Rationalists’ Association of India will give him INR 25,00,000.00 (Twenty five lakhs Indian Rupees) (approx US$50,000.00) and shut down the Association.

Astrologers should forecast on 14th or 15th May 2009. They should send their forecast to Science and Rationalists’ Association of India by email (Email id of General Secretary: prabir_rationalist@hotmail.com , Email id of President: sumitra_humanist@hotmail.com ) and any of the following Press:

Anandabazar Patrika

Bartaman

Star Ananda
Kolkata TV

The Statesman

The Times of India

NDTV

Aajtak

BBC

PTI

UNI

AFP

AP
Astrologers have the habit of announcing after every election that, they had predicted the correct result. Science and Rationalists’ Association of India challenges in order to stop such false propaganda.

Prabir Ghosh,
General Secretary,
Science and Rationalists’ Association of India

Sumitra Padmanabhan,
President,
Science and Rationalists’ Association of India

Tags: astrologers, biplab, das, election, india, rationalism

Views: 7

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for doing this. If this contest goes well, could you sponsor a second one to predict the Second Coming? Jesus said he was coming back right away. He's already long overdue. I'm hoping to get a new car out of the Rapture when all the believers are swept up into heaven from whereever they happen to be and the rest of us are "Left Behind." If you can find out for me when it is expected to occur, I can plot my strategy to find some believers where I live with really nice cars and be ready to drive off in their "old" vehicle after they have been lifted right out of the driver seat. Anything you can do to assist will be greatly appreciated. Of course you can have a ride in my new set of wheels!
p.s. Am writing a book titled "How to Cure Religion (Without Any Adverse Side Effects)." Please forward any suggestions for inclusion. Thanks
thanx friend
Great challenge!
I have learned about your group through these posts and I am very interested! However, I am a bit worried about this astrology challenge! what are the odds that someone will get these answers right just by chance? I hope you are not taking a big risk...I would hate for the Science and Rationalists to close down!
Given the specific nature of the questions, the probability approaches zero. You have significantly more chance of being run over by a bus tomorrow. Don't worry, on either count!
I guess I have a better chance of winning the lottery? ;)
Yes. But you have more chance of being run over by that bus tomorrow :-)
Don't jinx me you! :)
And while we wait for Biplab to reply, you can rest assured that I did not get run over by any bus yesterday. :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service