I listen to a wide, wide variety of music. An important part of enjoying different kinds of music is appreciating it in context to its place and time--understanding what it is and appreciating it for that. Taking that attitude, I think you can even acknowledge the importance and influence of music you don’t care for – such as hip-hop, in my case.

I tend to go through periods where I listen to genres a lot—such as experimental/industrial or dark ambient/isolationist. Then I’ll switch to Goth for a while, then 1920-1940s kind of stuff, then country.

When I was a teen in the 80s I loved 80s rock, of course (or “new wave” as we called it then). Then in the 90s I couldn’t stand it. Now that I’m in my 40s I really enjoy revisiting the 80s stuff. I listen to Culture Club quite often, actually.

But regardless of my moods, there are quite a few songs that I never seem to get tired of listening to. I’m going to post some as videos below. I’m sure I can think of more later on.

What songs do you never tire of hearing? They can be popular, obscure, or just old favorites.

Tags: bands, music, songs

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! Well, we certainly have a wide variety of tastes, don't we?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service