All Discussions Tagged 'lyrics' (10)

← Back to Sound Advice
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lyrics that affected you

What songs mean a great deal to you because of the lyrics themselves? Can you think of song lyrics that inspired you, that changed your per…

Started by Lois Lane

23 Mar 13, 2010
Reply by Lois Lane

Lyrics Quiz

Someone started something similar to this on the Nexus Book Club, and I thought it might be kind of fun to start something similar here. S…

Started by A Former Member

208 Dec 21, 2009
Reply by Randy Rose

Good Lyrics

There are some other discussions on lyrics, but I didn't see any that were about songs that you thought had good lyrics in general, or just…

Started by Aaron S. (USA)

10 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

The Grass is Blue (CD), by Dolly Parton

The Grass is Blue (CD), by Dolly Parton Here are three songs from Dolly Parton’s CD The Grass is Blue. I find it quite impossible not to…

6 Oct 19, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Inkubus Sukkubus

Inkubus Sukkubus I can’t say that I love every song Inkubus Sukkubus does, but the ones I do like, I really like. As slightly negative c…

0 Oct 18, 2009

Nick Drake (1948 – 1974)

Nick Drake (1948 – 1974) Like a lot of people, I first came across Nick Drake when Volkswagon used his song “Pink Moon” in one of their…

3 Sep 5, 2009
Reply by Jaume

Edith Massey, Divine, and Mink Stole

I'm sure these ladies need no introduction. I just love the Edith Massey song. She did another one that I had once when I was in college,…

8 Jul 23, 2009
Reply by Little Name Atheist

"We're from America," by Marilyn Manson

From his new album, "The High End of Low". MP3 attached. I don't think any of these songs are going to fall into my favorites catagory, t…

0 Jun 13, 2009

"The End of the World"

I just love this song. It is so wonderfully maudlin and sappy, but in a good way. I'm attaching two versions of it: one by Skeeter Davis an…

11 Mar 14, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

"Fair and Tender Ladies"

This week I posted two versions of one song, “The End of the World”, so I thought I would follow that line of thought and post another song…

0 Mar 13, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service