All Discussions Tagged 'music' (90)

← Back to Sound Advice
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Cantus in Memory of Benjamin Britten," by Arvo Pärt

Arvo Pärt (born 11 September 1935 in Paide, Estonia), is an Estonian classical composer. Pärt works in a minimalist style that employs ti…

Started by A Former Member

0 Apr 13, 2009

Wings of Desire (CD)

Selected tracks from the Wim Winder's film Wings of Desire.

0 Apr 8, 2009

Gotan Project

Gotan Project In November 2005, just minutes before the Gotan Project were due onstage at the Gran Rex theatre in central Buenos Aires, Ar…

0 Apr 2, 2009

Music soothes the savage beast!

I know its a misquote, but music does soothe the savage beast. I'm usually very happy and a "live and let live" type of guy, but sometimes…

Started by Razrback11

4 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by A Former Member

Sankai Juku

Sankai Juku is a Japanese dance troop that I have had the pleasure of seeing perform twice here in the U.S. They are very talented and be…

0 Mar 28, 2009

The Manson Family

These songs are from the CD The Family Jams, and are recordings of the Manson Family singing songs written by Jesus Christ Charles Manson…

0 Mar 28, 2009

Ruth Etting (2 of 2)

I could not resist posting more songs of Etting's. These three where earlier in her career than the three posted in Part 1. Here are the l…

0 Mar 14, 2009

Ruth Etting (1 of 2)

Ruth Etting (1896 – 1978) A friend first introduced me to Ruth Etting about 10 years ago, and I fell in love with this music instantly.…

0 Mar 14, 2009

"Fair and Tender Ladies"

This week I posted two versions of one song, “The End of the World”, so I thought I would follow that line of thought and post another song…

0 Mar 13, 2009

"Try Your Wings," by Blossom Dearie

Try Your Wings, by Blossom Dearie This is a song that I just ran across recently. Although I have listened to a number of the “best of”…

0 Mar 11, 2009

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service