I am fully prepared atheist from Ohio moving to Houston next week. Any advice so that I can actually make new friends, I hear it is hard for "us".

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

Not hard to make friends at all. 

Two things to know: "Fixing" means something you are about to do.  Like... Him: "I'm fixing to go to the store, want me to pick you up a Coke?" Her: "Yep, thank you." Him: "What kind?" Her: "Dr. Pepper".

Things to look out for: Droughts, fire ants, Fundamentalist rewriting Texas school books, wild fires, Republican redistricting, and now slimy, parasite-carrying giant African land snails!

If you are driving down the highway and you see a little critter laying on its back holding up a bottle of Lone Star (beer). Pay it no mind, some of the boys have been playing around with a dead armadillo. They do that when they are not mudding.

If a guy wants to know if you want to "go mudding" get back to me.

Welcome to Texas, enjoy :-)

I'm from Texas, but when I see "mudding" I think back to text-based gaming. :D

Does mudding happen to involve something starting with a c and comes in its own can, so to speak? ;) If so, I have yet to be so adventurous as to mud, myself, nor have I ever had the pleasure of devouring the nervous end of said canned critter.

Nerdless,

HA!  Mudding is running your pick-up truck through a mud hole until you get stuck. Drinking is a part of the process.

:-)

Try Houston Meet-Up.  http://www.meetup.com/Houston-Atheists/

These folks will keep you active.  I have not had the opportunity to go to any of the meets.  Some activities start while I am work and I don't have a car to get there in a timely manner.

What kind of meets are you talking about?  Do you guys in Houston get together sometimes. I am in Bastrop and I'd like to meet some of you from Houston.  Moved here from Houston.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service