Posted thread:
http://www.atheistnexus.org/group/atheistnews/forum/topics/houston-...

Anything we can do to give her a hand? If there's a protest against here we could definitely show up in support. Also it might be a good idea to write letters/emails to the council simply making them aware that this is NOT some lone woman with an agenda of her own but instead a position which many of us locals support.

Legal fund? Need/taking donations?
Etc... ?

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

We had (have) a similar issue recently with one of the city councils in the DFW area. The Freedom From Religion Foundation is involved.

Here's the news coverage: http://cbs11tv.com/video/?id=45663@ktvt.dayport.com

I would suggest contacting the area atheist/freethought groups such as SECULAR Center USA, Houston Church of Freethought, and Houston Atheists with a notice of what is going on as well as a request for any volunteers who may be necessary. Kay may already be involved in one or more of these groups (and if she isn't she probably should be since she is so active in trying to effect change). However, she may not be an atheist and is just a supporter of the constitution.
From an article I read about her 2004 fight she was a member of the, at that time, Houston atheist society so I'd tend to think she's already involved. This was more of a "Hey guys on here who are probably aware and already involved, what can I and other like me that are heretofore unafilliated and out of the loop do, if anything, to help?" ;)
That is a good question. I know finances are always an issue when lawsuits are involved; so I'm sure she could use donations. I think that since she has a history with the Houston Atheist Society that you should contact them for better ways to lend a hand. I, unfortunately, didn't get to meet with them when we were in Houston for Camp Quest Texas a few weeks ago but have heard very positive things about that group from members of Houston Church of Freethought.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo shared their discussion on Twitter
32 minutes ago
Joan Denoo added a discussion to the group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
32 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to roland707's discussion Are known atheists more likely to be convicted of violent crimes?
49 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to roland707's discussion Are known atheists more likely to be convicted of violent crimes?
52 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on Deidre32's blog post Pascal's Wager -- Your Fate is a Crapshoot
59 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Steph S.'s discussion As An Atheist Can Your Life Have Purpose and Meaning?
1 hour ago
Plinius replied to roland707's discussion Are known atheists more likely to be convicted of violent crimes?
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to Sentient Biped's discussion DNA testing gives more history of paleo-Eskimos in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo liked Sentient Biped's discussion DNA testing gives more history of paleo-Eskimos
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to roland707's discussion Are known atheists more likely to be convicted of violent crimes?
2 hours ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark commented on Deidre32's blog post Pascal's Wager -- Your Fate is a Crapshoot
2 hours ago
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service