Gov. Perry Issues Proclamation for Days of Prayer for Rain in Texas

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/proclamation/16038/

My email to Governor Perry's office:

In a time of budget crisis, I'd like to know what exactly does it cost to file an official proclamation that Texans pray for rain. I mean, the Governor's time, the administrative time, everybody who has to be paid to perform this "job." And what needed budget is being slashed to push the Governor's personal religious agenda while blatantly violating the first amendment statute on separation of church and state? And what is NOT getting done wile the states top elected official and his staff are playing this idiotic game? The SBOE made Texas the laughing stock of the country; Governor Perry won't be satisfied until every intelligent person on the planet is laughing at us.

Excuse me while I vomit........

Views: 10

Replies to This Discussion

Love it! Thank you for sending it. btw, what is sboe?
SBOE=State Board of Education
ah, got it, thanks
Separation of church and state only applies to Congress. It's in the First Amendment. Governor Perry isn't doing anything unconstitutional, although what he is doing ought to be illegal, but it's not an issue to worry about anyway, because there are many more important issues that Texas is facing, notably the school cuts.
It is quite frankly a waste of time and a waste of money.  I'll be waiting for the rain.
Don't hold your breath; that was almost 2 months ago and still no rain. Gov. Perry is still beating the dead horse, however, with a big prayer-fest scheduled for August 6th in Houston.

A Texas A&M climatologist has predicted a dire forecast for Texas over the next decade.

John Nielsen-Gammon said the state could remain in a drought until 2020 because of warmer temperatures in the Atlantic ocean and cooler temperatures in the northern Pacific Ocean.

Meteorologists with the National Weather Service in Fort Worth said they understand the science behind the theory but said there no way to predict weather that far into the future.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service