Since I am receiving illegal calls from crooked telemarketing evangelists I thought I would post this link for your entertainment.

False Prophets

I don't particularly care for this site, however, the section on false prophets is interesting

I received a call from Manasseh Jordan.  His robo-caller said that God told him to call me.  That never happened and no one better call me and interrupt my Margarita or Martini time.  EVEN ON A SABBATH DAY!

Views: 84

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the link Regina. I don't use landline anymore. I just hate telemarketers.

Steph, this was on my cellphone. Like you I don't have a landline.

Hmmm, "false prophets" ... is there any OTHER kind?  Where and at what time has there ever been a genuine person possessed of future sight?  NEVER, that I know of.  Robert Heinlein had an interesting take on this issue:

A fake fortuneteller can be tolerated. But an authentic soothsayer should be shot on sight. Cassandra did not get half the kicking around she deserved.

I disagree with him on the fake fortunetellers, myself. Perhaps he found them mildly amusing, yet one more brand of grifter, playing the game. I'm not so tolerant.

Check out this link.  It is hilarious.  I filed a formal complaint of violating the DNC with the FTC, Texas AG and NY AG.  I intend to sue this clown even though he called me one time.

What idiots

I got another call from this so-called Prophet last week.  I have called and cussed him out and reminded him that I am on the do not call list.  I have filled out a form on his website demanding that he leave me alone.  I have filed several complaints with the state/federal do not call list. I have filed a complaint with the NY AG and I have not received a response yet.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this a$$hole?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service