No one posts here that often it seems, but let's change that. You can practically here crickets in here! The introduce yourself posts have been around for awhile, and some are pretty old. Who is still here?

I'm holding down the fort for free thinkers here in Jackson. Is anyone close? Surely I'm not alone here in West TN.

We've got to do something to change Tennessee's position in this:

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Well I was going to post this at some point this week, may as well be here -

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/07/important_information_ab...

I'm planning on driving up from nashville to go, and I registered on the carpool site he listed as well.
I didn't know about this, but now that I do, I'm definitely going to make the trip. I didn't register at the carpool site, so I didn't see your post about a ride. Are you going to drive, or are you looking for a ride from Nashville?
I had planned on driving, but I drive a little mustang and my roommate is going, so anyone else would have to sit in the back and it's a little tight back there.

Maybe someone else with a bigger car would like to drive is there is more then the 3 of us planning on going?
I'm definitely going. I've asked a couple of friends, but they have to check their schedules. If I'm the only one, then I'll try and hitch a ride with you, but not, I'll end up taking my SUV and you and your roomate are more than welcome to ride with me.
Looks like I'll have my roommate and her daughter, so it might work out better if you drive. PM me!
We expect a full report and pictures! Tell PZ hello....
http://www.americanreligionsurvey-aris.org/

some highlights about atheism

"The percentage of Americans claiming no religion, which jumped from 8.2 in 1990 to 14.2 in 2001, has now increased to 15 percent. Given the estimated growth of the American adult population since the last census from 207 million to 228 million, that reflects an additional 4.7 million "Nones." Northern New England has now taken over from the Pacific Northwest as the least religious section of the country, with Vermont, at 34 percent "Nones," leading all other states by a full 9 points."

"Only1.6 percent of Americans call themselves atheist or agnostic. But based on stated beliefs, 12 percent are atheist (no God) or agnostic (unsure), while 12 percent more are deistic (believe in a higher power but not a personal God). The number of outright atheists has nearly doubled since 2001, from 900 thousand to 1.6 million. Twenty-seven percent of Americans do not expect a religious funeral at their death."
sounds promising..
Hey - Im pretty close - memphis. I've noticed not much is posted in here either. I've family up your way in Humbolt too.

You know Jackson/Humbolt area - that would seem to me even more difficult than memphis to proclaim atheism. You manage ok up there?

Sicile

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Bethany Ransom updated their profile
26 minutes ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
27 minutes ago
EducationIsCool posted a video

The Responsibility of Atheists

This video argues for the necessity of the youtube & broader atheist community and what is, in my mind, the biggest responsibility of atheists on youtube and...
31 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Hiram's blog post "Against the Charlatans" Philodemus quote
1 hour ago
Trick replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
1 hour ago
Čenek Sekavec replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The cost of masculine crime
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Anthony Jordan's discussion Free Will [Sam Harris]
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to Brent Feeney's discussion BRUTALLY HONEST: The Dirty Truth About Capitalism and Free Markets
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service