I find that open atheism is hard to find in my neck of the woods. Introduce yourself and tell us something funny about your experience...

Views: 236

Replies to This Discussion

G'day all,

As you can tell from my greeting, I am Australian. However, I did live in TN for a year ('90-'91) as a high school exchange student, so consider myself at least a little bit of a Vol. I lived just outside of Athens and went to school at McMinn County HS. Been back to visit a few times, and hopefully will be back over there over the xmas/new year period (finances willing). Hope you don't mind me being a bit of a foreign interloper joining the group :^Þ but I'd like to make connections with fellow atheists in TN.

A bit more about me... I live in Melbourne, AU, and am studying for my BA, majoring in Archaeology & Palaeoanthropology, with minor studies in History (ancient and modern) and Philosophy. Only have two semesters to go and I'll be finished (Yay!). Live alone, except for my sister's dog, Suntar, whom I purloined last year while she was over in the US as an exchange student.

Well, I'll leave it there.

Cheers!
An Aussie and a Vol fan! Where did you live in TN?
I lived just outside of Athens, which is in East TN. It's just off Intestate 75, about halfway between Knoxville and Chattanooga.
Hi, I'm originally from Memphis, and will be moving back there soon. I didn't think there would be anyone other than myself proclaiming atheist in such a religiously drowned area.
I am surrounded by the fundies too...Welcome.
My name is Justin and I live in Washington County. I'm 21 and am currently in college. I've been looking for like minded people around here to talk to.
Hey Justin - sorry for the late welcome but I have been swamped at work and busy with my kids after. Welcome...
Hi, I'm Trish. I'm in the middle of Smithville. Moved here from Florida a little over two years ago and I really love the land and the weather. I have a little story to share but it's late this evening. Just wanted to stop in and say hello.
Hi, all. My name is Jonathan, I am a Winchester, TN native, lived in Huntsville for few years while going to UAH and moved back here about 2 years ago. Check my page for more info. I am seeking others that share similar ideas.
Hiya,

Though a lifelong Memphian, I've had precious few encounters with the overtly religious. Having been sequestered in the Anthropology dept at my university for the past several years helps. Anyway, I haven't noticed anyone else here representing M-Town, so I'll fill that role.
A,

I live in Collierville - come join us at our monthly MeetUp...link here

Welcome and apologies for taking so long to respond!
Welcome! I have been through Cookeville many times on the way to Knoxville. That is a very nice part of the state. Good to have you here!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service