I haven't read this, just passing it along. PDF of the book is attached.  - Dallas

Paranormality: Why we see what isn’t there

Richard Wiseman is clear about one thing: Paranormal phenomena don’t exist. But in the same way space travel yields technology that transforms our everyday lives, so research into telepathy, fortune-telling and out-of-body experiences produces remarkable insights into our brains, behaviour and beliefs.

Would you like to control your dreams, convince strangers that you know all about them, and unleash the power of your unconscious mind? Then throw away your crystals and ditch your lucky charms. It is time to discover the real secrets of the paranormal.

“Wiseman shows us a higher joy as he skewers the paranormal charlatans, blows away the psychic fog and lets in the clear light of reason”
Richard Dawkins

“…both scholarly and hilarious…this fast-paced book, packed with exercises to try for yourself, is a terrific read”
Susan Blackmore

Tags: Richard Wiseman, books, bunk, charlatans, ghosts, paranormal, psychics, psychology, supernatural

Views: 566

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I believe so. I didn't read it outright. But it has got live links and one of those squares you scan with your smartphone or something, so I think it came from the publisher this way.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service