1. Number of meetings in a month:
I could probably not make more than one
2. Day or days of the week available:
At the moment I'm flexible, as long as I don't already happen to have a commitment
3. Times of day/night you'd like to meet:
Any, although if out of Burlington, early enough to be home by six or so.
4. How far are you willing/able to travel from your home?
Outside of Burlington transportation would be an issue. It would depend on whether someone else were coming from the area that I could ride with. And distance would depend on them, I have no preference.
5. When we meet outside the Burlington area, do you need a lift?
Same as #4.
6. If you don't need a lift, do you have room for others in your car? How many?
7. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Relative to the observer.
1. Number of meetings in a month: One to four. More than likely, less in late spring through early fall, more from mid-fall to mid-spring.
2. Day or days of the week available: Saturday and Sunday, unless we meet within a closer radius of my home. Then, I could do weeknights and Friday night.
3. Times of day/night you'd like to meet: The further away from my home, the later in the day, but not too late. I'm not a morning person, so it's better for me if we meet after noon. I can rouse myself to meet earlier in the day (say, after 9 AM and before 2 AM) if more people prefer to meet then, but I definitely need lead time.
4. How far are you willing/able to travel from your home? Depending on the meeting time, I'm willing to travel to all corners of Vermont.
5. When we meet outside the Burlington area, do you need a lift? No. There may be the occasional, rare event when my bidie-in has the car and is elsewhere, but that will probably be rare.
6. If you don't need a lift, do you have room for others in your car? How many? If my cohabi-tater will be attending, I won't have any room. If he isn't, then I'll have room for one.
I didn't add it to the list, but I would love it if we can meet outdoors. Summer/"nice" weather is so fleeting in Vermont, I hate to spend it cooped up inside. The downside of that is that if we are meeting for more than an hour, outdoor seating may be hard on some of our posteriors. I think almost every place will have a downside.
The Fletcher Library in Burlington was a great, easy to find, accessible place with reasonably comfortable seating, but I suspect I was breaking some rules by having my water bottle there. With as much hot air as I expend, I need liquid refreshment. It was great to be able to hear everyone clearly, which was the upside of it over Sapa.
I will start scouting for locations in the Brandon/Middlebury area. Others should feel free to scout in their area. It seems that everyone can meet in other parts of the state as long as certain conditions are met.
I know activity level has been low for everyone recently (vermont summer/fall - enjoy the weather outdoors while it lasts!) but I am going to add my post here, in case things start picking up again.
1. Number of meetings in a month: I think 1 is good for now, maybe with a couple special extra ones when necessary
2. Day or days of the week available: I have every other tuesday/friday off and every other weekend off. I work 3-11 though...
3. Times of day/night you'd like to meet: if it is a day that i work, before 1pm. if not, then anytime.
4. How far are you willing/able to travel from your home? depending on the day, i would travel as far south as brandon and as far north as waterbury.
5. When we meet outside the Burlington area, do you need a lift? no
6. If you don't need a lift, do you have room for others in your car? How many? 4 people
7. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? well, if we relate this question to the above topics, if an unladed swallow was to fly to middlebury, vt, it might find a cute little coffee shop open to exactly out kind of thing, called Carols Hungry Mind Cafe. http://www.carolshungrymindcafe.com/
I am not sure how many people they can fit, but it appears that they are flexible especially if an "event" is planned ahead. I could email them if people are interested.
In the midst of editing, it seems I got some things mixed up. Let me make some corrections:
1. Number of meetings in a month: Around 1 is best, unless it's close to Burlington, or Essex.
3. Times of day/night you'd like to meet: Most any time weekends, except Sat morning - kiddo has gymnastics. Sunday around 4 is out. That is the usual time for the Deep Conversation meetup. Weekday eve is OK.
Free Online Dating Site - Whereloveisfound.comFalling in love might feel closer to a daydream than possible for many with busy lives. But it is possible and the WhereLoveIsFound team have created a dating experience "100 percent dedicated to the community and providing a place for people to find genuine love and happiness." Below they explain why loveless singles should try their site.What inspired WhereLoveIsFound?Whereloveisfound.com was inspired by love, building a community for people all…See More
"After a bit of thought, I've come up with a list of the basic items which used to be found on a member's profile page and whether they are currently present in the new profile, at least as it is displayed on mine:
Member's name &…"
"Wouldn't know, really. The last couple days, the US news media has been focused (for good or ill) on this EF-5 tornado which wiped out a considerable portion of Moore, Oklahoma. When you only have half an hour to report national and…"
"I wish the RCC would reform itself along with the main branch of the LDS church, the SDA's and the JW's ( they desperately need reform , none of the eighty something splinter groups can be called liberal in all actuality). …"