Maybe something low key, possibly meeting at a cafe, somewhere centrally located? I think the place could be chosen according to who plans to attend (due to distance). How does January or February sound? Any interest in socializing, as well as (possibly) planning something for Darwin Day?

If someone is a member of the Burlington Atheists and Humanist group, and would like to talk this up over there once we've got a date, time, and place, that would be great.

Folks who are uncomfortable in social situations shouldn't feel like they'll be less a part of this group if they don't show up. However, RSVPs from those who are likely to come would be good.

If people want to start tossing out possible dates and places, that would be great.

Tags: First ever Atheist Nexus Vermont get-together, Skeptical Vermont, Vermont, community

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

First, longest distance traveled... I think you won all the door prizes this time.

How did I miss the bag with Chairman Mao on it? We may have to institute an outer bag inspection.
A brief report: We had a grand total of eight people attending. I was so busy talking that I forgot to take any photos. We have another meeting upcoming May 30th at 2 PM. I'll probably start another discussion for that one, or someone else can.
I can't find my notes. I'll make an effort this weekend.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Larry Taylor liked Christine's discussion Praise Be Unto He........
2 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked Luara's discussion Nonbeliever's equivalent of wearing a cross
4 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Atheist in FundyLand's discussion Discouraged: just got back from chorus practice
6 minutes ago
Larry Taylor replied to Luara's discussion Nonbeliever's equivalent of wearing a cross
7 minutes ago
Sentient Biped added a discussion to the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
9 minutes ago
Steve posted a status
"Thanks guys! I haven't had much time to get on here yet but I like what I see :)"
10 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Atheist in FundyLand's discussion Discouraged: just got back from chorus practice
18 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
19 minutes ago
Sentient Biped commented on Claire Donnelly's group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
43 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Luara's discussion Nonbeliever's equivalent of wearing a cross
43 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man posted a video

Joy Division - In a lonely place from Napoleon Bonaparte on Vimeo.

Music by Joy Division.
Video artwork and editing by Napoleon Bonaparte.
Smart Dog Videos London (UK)

Joy Division - In a lonely place

Music by Joy Division. Video artwork and editing by Napoleon Bonaparte. Smart Dog Videos London (UK)
45 minutes ago
Loren Miller commented on Alan Perlman's blog post Can we please call the enemy by its real name?
45 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service