Hello all! My name is Megan and I'm very much into most things crafty and creative. I'm a graphic designer, but I also love to knit, draw, paint, sew (though I'm not good at it), quilt, needle-punch, felt and just about anything else crafty or creative that comes my way.

I knit, but I'm not a GREAT knitter, although I have many friends who are.

I'm a member of the Ravelry group "Atheist & Agnostic Crafters", I'm a member of CFI (Center for Inquiry), FFRF (Freedom From Religion Foundation) and the American Humanist Association.

I started this group so those of us unbelieving crafty types could share our creativity with like-minded people.

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Megan! I'm Beth. I learned how to knit a year and a half ago, and I learned how to crochet 6 months ago. I'm hooked! :)
I am also a member of "Atheist and Agnostic Crafters" on Ravelry. I'll have to look for you.
Hi, I'm MJ. I've been crocheting since I was about 6 years old. I started to learn to sew at age 13, then didn't keep it up. I tried again when I had my daughter, but again, let it go by the wayside as I found other interests. I'm an all around crafter. I've done beading, riveting, crocheting, sewing, felting, miniature furniture making, painting, chalk and charcoal, fabric crafts, origami, and photography (which I've done since age 9 and still do with relative success).

I've unfortunately never been able to learn to knit... just when I think I got it, I don't got it. :-) And I'm o.k. with that.
Hi everyone! I'm Dawn, and I'm addicted to crochet. I've been crocheting for a few months and would like to learn how to knit but if I did my family would never see me again. I also enjoy creating digital scrapbook pages using photoshop and photography although sadly I only have time for one obsession at a time. I used to sew but frankly with no space it's more trouble than it's worth.

I'm also a member of Ravelry (w00t) and the atheist and agnostic crafters group, although I don't post a ton there, too busy crocheting :D My user name over there is Solaria.
hey... So I'm kinda flailing around on yet another new social website, and just like at a party I looked for the knitters first. Started knitting about 3years ago, and I'm pretty good at it. Anyway, you can find me on Ravelry.com in the A&AC.
Hi, I'm Brandy. I love to sew. I have knitted on the loom but I would love to learn to knit and crochet. I live in the Tampa Bay area. Anyone from around this area?
So this is not an active group?

Shame..I just found it, and was happily surprised to see folks I know in other groups and IRL here.
I am a middling knitter, have been round/long looming for a while, and hve recently fallen for circular needles. I'll be buying the Knitpics interchangeable set, I think, based on conversations at a knit shop. I'd love to get more opinions, though!

And Brandy, I know it's been a long time since you asked, but I grew up in Tampa. (town and country, between Hillsbrough and Waters Ave.) I live outside of Atlanta now, though.
Hi, I'm Judy, living in the DC area, looking for people to hang out with IRL, but online is good too. Every knitting or sewing group I check out is full of women in love with their church or synagogue and eventually I have to leave.

Been sewing since age 7, which is just over half a century ago, knitting since 10, crocheting at 13, done some beadwork and played with lots of other crafty things.

Hi, my name is Sarah. I don't work in any particular medium, I just enjoy making things. Looking around though, I would say I'm most interested in beading and home decor projects. I'm also interested in making jewelry out of recycled, vintage parts. I'm also starting an Etsy based jewelry supply business to feed my supply fetish. Glad to be here!

I also do beading Sarah. I made my mom some necklaces in fact.

Paula here. I'm mostly a knitter, even though I do crochet and sew sometimes. Since I live in Texas sweaters, hats and mittens have limited use here. :)  I've knitted a lot of different things. Lately, I've done quite a few toys for my kids, their cousins and other relatives.

I've been thinking I need to get in on the uterus knitting project, but I don't have a lot of spare time. I guess I can't paste a link here, but if you do a search for "knit a uterus" you can find out what that's all about.

I'll have to google that

Hi all,

Just recently found AN and it dawned on me that there must be a knitting forum on here! I'm k2me on ravelry (look me up), on a number of groups too. Knitting for many years and am thinking about becoming a master knitter if nothing else but to expand my skills. Have done some felting and dabbled in crochet and just last week discovered that I HATE lace weight yarn. Oh my name is Mary btw, such a strange name for an atheist, don't you think? ;-)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service