0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual; bisexual.
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual
7 Asexual

Tags: Kinsey, Scale

Views: 756

Replies to This Discussion

I've known a few different guys who were straight, and then at some point just decided to try out guys and they liked that--although they usually do prefer women. It's interesting though, the idea that someone can say "hey I never thought about the same sex before--let me try that!"
Can a person be a 0 in practice, but feel like a 7? I think asexual may describe my "desires" for sex, or lack there of, which isn't to say I've never had sex but don't think it's a particularly important part of my life.
I'm a 3 on average. Different times in my life I thought I was a higher percentage lesbian (like last decade!) and other times I thought I was a higher percentage straight (this decade!) but it averages out to be pretty damn equal. I'm attracted to men and women in different ways, and I also have been attracted to people in between genders.
Oh wait, I mean 4.
Five.eight!
When I was in Jr. high and High School I tried really hard to be a 0 when I was actually a 5.
now I would say I'm a 5.8 - How's that for scoffing at the whole numbers!
There are men in my life that I love very much - who are very dear to me- and I have no problem pointing out out which men I think are attractive but in terms of sexual attraction ~ ladies only, (MTF Gals included)
Hence the 5.8!
1, and married in a rather traditional way, so no more of that outside of my mind. But, a lot can go on in there.
Well, Michelle,
I think if we are all honest about it there are Lots of scenarios that go on in our heads that would be 99% unlikely in our 'real lives' - I think that is why more and more people are rejecting traditional categories / labels / pigeon holes - me I'm quite happy labelling myself a lesbian but I really disagree with labelling anyone else, y'know - that's their business - not mine.
It is so F**ing fantastic to have a place to discuss this stuff in a grown-up rational way and not have people think you are trying to pick them up!
Hooray for Athiest Nexus!
I agree. Pretty fun too.
I'm a 4, I do believe, if not a 3 or a 2.

Actually, I have never experimented with another woman but I do know that I am attracted to girls. I am predominantly heterosexual, and it took a long time for me to admit it to myself that I am attracted to women too.
Somewhere between 2 & 3, pretty much have been like this since I could remember. I realized it when I was about 15 years old after some homoerotic incident. It didn't surprise or confuse me though, it was as if I'd known it all along.
hmm. probably a 2 - 3.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service