0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual; bisexual.
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual
7 Asexual

Tags: Kinsey, Scale

Views: 812

Replies to This Discussion

Makes sense about the one-time occurrence, Joseph.  

I know I veered off topic, but it is so freeing to be able to indulge in/enjoy sexual thoughts that used to be 'taboo' because of a religious upbringing  (I'm sure this goes without saying for those of you raised with religion).  

That is good, because I have no desire to move down the scale.

And we love you and are fascinated by you, just the way you are.

... well, I am, at least.

I try:)

... and succeed.  :-D
I'm not sure if Kinsey is measuring orientation.  Because I know what my orientation is and I also know that my personality is such that I have gone against my orientation and I could do it again.  However, I've never been confused in terms of basic orientation.  

What exactly are we measuring?
You make a good point.  My personality also is such that I have gone against my orientation a few times. 
Uhhhh, I know a lot of guys who are 6's. I know a few guys who are 1 - 3, almost no 4's or 5's.

Where you are getting this info? Do you mean that many have tried women before they came out, or that some have a mild attraction to women?

As for me, I'm a 6.

I was wondering the same thing.
I would be fine with a bi label, but I don't think it fits.  I am not attracted to men.  I've had encounters with 45-50 women and 3 men.  2 of the men were gay.  The 3rd was a 3 way with a husband and wife.  Sometimes I just can't say no because I love an adventure.
Yeah, definitely still a 6, if the few experiences with men were that heavily situational.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service