If your spouse is kind, sweet person but a hopeless flirt, and it really bothers you - what do you do?

Views: 197

Replies to This Discussion

That would depend on the marriage and how the target of the flirtation feels about it. My wife for example has no problem with me flirting with anyone as long as it doesn't make them feel uncomfortable. But we're pretty unconventional.

I think I agree with Jason's reply.

That's an interesting question.  Honestly, I'm of the opinion that flirting is a socially acceptable way of putting out feelers.  I'm married and in a monogamous relationship.  But, I don't think that people are monogamous by nature, so marriage was a real compromise for me - one with which I will never be entirely satisfied or comfortable.  I didn't marry until I was 46 years old and enjoyed the single life for a long time.  But, life is about compromises.  So, if you accept that flirting is putting out feelers, it sounds to me that you have to decide where the line is drawn.  Is flirting acceptable, so long as your spouse doesn't take it any further? I sincerely hope that you find your way through this one.

I suppose this also depends on how you define flirting.
Where are your boundries?

*boundaries

I happened across this today and recalled this discussion.  The comments and video speak to your question.

http://www.aarp.org/relationships/love-sex/info-02-2012/can-men-wom...

I think the definition largely sets the boundaries. What some might see as friendly conversation between two adults might be seen by someone else as flirtatious. Why, because of smiles exchanged? A perceived tone? An imagined look?

Jealousy can also influence the definition and the perceptions, and work to establish unrealistic boundaries.

NEW TO THE GROUP AND JUST BROWSING, BUT I HAVE TO PUT IN MY TWO CENTS...TRANSITIONING GRADUALLY, AND WITHOUT INTENT, INTO A POLYAMOROUS RELATIONSHIP WITH MY HUSBAND, I BELIEVE THAT THIS IS A QUESTION OF "HOW MANY RULES DOES YOUR RELATIONSHIP HAVE - AND IS SOMEBODY BEING "OWNED" IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP, OR DO YOU HAVE FREEDOM TO BE YOURSELF, WITHOUT FEAR OF YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER HITTING THE ROAD?"

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service