I found a book called "The Tempted Bride" in the trunk of a car when I was a kid and it shocked me. (I was raised Southern Baptist, which helps explain that.) I grew up wanting to write and I did, publishing short stories and poems in literary journals. But my sex stories seem to me to be my best *writing.* A publisher will put out a collection this week, which thrills me, though I don't tell my siblings and old freinds about the book for fear they'll think less of me for writing 'smut.'

Anyone here ever wrestle with this? (If not writing it, then admitting that you like to read it.)

Views: 97

Replies to This Discussion

You wanna tie up and ball gag the pope?! LOL
Only if he keeps the hat on the whole time.
;)Unfortunatley most of the women I meet are only interested in "Vanilla" relationships.

For real? Practically everyone I meet is all about the kink. Mainly b/c most poly and bi people also fit into the pagan/kinky mold. I'm just the first two. Maybe I'd consider myself quirky, which is not quite vanilla and not quite kinky.
I think I have only me to blame for primarily surrounding myself with people who choose to repress their sexual desires and limit themselves and their sexual boundaries.

I will admit I don't know many Bisexual or Polyamorous people, or at least if they are, they're not confortable with me to be honest about these feelings.

When I return to a country where people are more honest with their feelings I'll have to make it a point to increase my circle of friends.
I have a lot of friends like that too, Noah. It happens. Heck, I'm that way with some people--I have learned the hard way that some of the things I'm into offend people. I sometimes think, "You know, I may have a kinky friend who never confides in me for fear of my taking offense and I never confide in them for fear they will take offense..."
I'm enjoying the flow of this discussion.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service