... between 17 percent and 51.1 percent of people queried in the studies said they'd put on a condom partway through intercourse — negating any disease-controlling benefits, since fluids are exchanged throughout intercourse not just during ejaculation. Other studies found that between 1.5 percent and 24.8 percent of sexual experiences involved putting a condom on too late in the process of intercourse.

Up to 25.3 percent said they unrolled the condom's sheath before putting on the condom, rather than unrolling the condom on the penis. Between a quarter and almost half of respondents said they'd failed to leave room at the tip of the condom for semen to collect. About 75 percent of men and 82 percent of women failed to check condoms for damage before using them.

How to Wear a Condom: Errors Common, Study Finds

My only problem with these cautions is that it's not practical to check for damage, such as a pinhole, after unrolling the condom and before using it. Imagine how it would go over for a man or woman to begin carefully and thoroughly examining an unrolled condom on a partner's penis before beginning to engage. That's a comedy sketch, not real life.

Also, why not make all condoms with a semen reservoir at the tip, if the lack of one is a design flaw. Condoms need to be ergonomic, and you can't expect people to unroll them with extra space at the tip every time. It's hard enough to get the things started unrolling, without having to redo the tip.

Tags: condom errors

Views: 101

Replies to This Discussion

between 17 percent and 51.1 percent of people queried in the studies said they'd put on a condom partway through intercourse

Uhhhh, what the hell?  Who even gets the idea to do that?  I mean better late than never, but jeeze.

Unrolling it before putting it on sounds freaking hard.  Those things are slippery.  Fantastic way to tear one, too.

Imagine how it would go over for a man or woman to begin carefully and thoroughly examining an unrolled condom on a partner's penis before beginning to engage. That's a comedy sketch, not real life.

I dunno.  That could be kinda hot.

Totally.  It has been the case with the few men I have had sex with.  It is amazing how fast a man married for more than 20 years can find a condom when I insist on it.  Once procured, I always give it a look over.  Not unrolled though.  I certainly don't know enough about those things to get too technical. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service