There were several people in Lincoln today meeting about trying to organise a state chapter of the SCA in Nebraska.

Organising people over in Omaha and Lincoln (the state capital) is not too hard, the two cities are only eighty miles apart, and are the largest in the state.

But Nebraska is five hundred miles across and I live on the opposite side from Omaha.

Thus participating in the meeting today was by dial telephone. (Touch tone has yet to be invented here.)

The folk in Lincoln hope to have an awareness day in the state legislature and do things such as meet with state senators; I will participate in this though it means mounting a thousand mile round trip to the state capital and the expenditure of a fair sum of money on hotels and food, on the pay of a disabled vet.

The state group hopes to drive up interest on my side of the state; though it is by far the lowest population density of all Nebraska, fully one third of the state legislators come from here, due to the way the state apportions its seats.

I am just a little village government trustee in Broadwater . . . the next nearest town is sixteen miles. Stumping for folk from the putatively big cities and the colleges on this side of the state (Scottsbluff, Chadron, Alliance) seems difficult.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no secular organisations here.

I am open to suggestions on how this might be accomplished.

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

James, as a disabled vet are there organizations within that group, or support groups, or ways you keep in touch. Many vets may have turned to religion for comfort, but my hunch is, war can test beliefs and faiths in anything. Perhaps there are some unknown non-believers among them. Perhaps the kinds of support they need and seek could be met by any of the varieties in which atheists participate.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

k.h. ky commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
19 minutes ago
k.h. ky commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
20 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Steph S.'s discussion Nepal's killing fields: FIVE THOUSAND buffalo lie slaughtered at the beginning of Hindu ceremony for hindu goddess
21 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Steph S.'s discussion Nepal's killing fields: FIVE THOUSAND buffalo lie slaughtered at the beginning of Hindu ceremony for hindu goddess
29 minutes ago
48 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
51 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Thomas Pietrocarli's discussion What if God revealed himself to you?
53 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
1 hour ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Thomas Pietrocarli's discussion What if God revealed himself to you?
1 hour ago
The Flying Atheist replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
1 hour ago
The Flying Atheist replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service