Ok, so we are 9 members. Imagine if we were all in one room. Would that be a quiet room? Don't thiiink soo,,,

I personally don't log on here much, but taking a quick look at the site i decided why not? This site has lots of interesting discussions and people. Mostly, like minded people. So i think i'll give it a few more hundred visits, thank you very much.

Why not start with your story? In Saudi Arabia, How were you introduced to the concept of Atheism? if you're anything like me , that word was always tainted as a dirty word. Thank you Highschool!
My very good couple friend in Europe introduced me to the concept of evolution and the journey kind of started from there. I started questioning " If this is a possibility, then why am i so worried about all my sins" Would i be so sinful if there were no reward and or judgment? Letting go of religion and the idea of a god has made me much more chilled because i realize we are all just people with different backgrounds. Nobody can hurt you, unless they kill or rape you :P but in all seriousness. No individual can hurt you as much as you hurt yourself by worrying what they might think of you because 
 you drank alcohol or did - enter something frowned upon by Islam- - not that Islam can agree on lots of things within the general scope of religion.

Lemme hear from you!

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

Well HQ I am a little disappointed too, I was hoping to talk to a few Saudis here but there are so few of them. I am not a Saudi myself, but having lived in KSA in Riyadh for 2 years I know a lot more about the place than I did when I was just another Westerner who really knows nothing about the rest of the world except what they see on TV. It was a lot easier for me to become an atheist I'm sure, I didn't have a whole culture literally breathing down my neck and telling me with every word and deed to be a Muslim. It must be really oppressive, so that is why I thought I would meet some really strong characters here. Frankly even after living there for 2 years the place still scares me - a lot! I have had many unpleasant interactions with Saudis, very nearly getting into physical confrontations, and more than once had people following me in their cars and chasing me down the streets of Riyadh just to be mean or worse. So, our lives must have been very different. I grew up loving science and feeling free to do just about anything I wanted to do, very few restrictions at all. I imagine Saudi life is quite the opposite, that you would be scared to go out and try anything, or that science is not taught or at least the dangerous stuff like evolution is hidden from you. But you tell me! You didn't even know about evolution until you left the country? What else did you discover that changed your worldview? How do you look back on your life knowing what you know now?

I have a close friend that is a saudi atheist.

my dad worked in saudi for some 2 year or so.The joke is ...he was in medina and he prayed only 2 times in that longtime.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service