All right, Ms Sonic might have been a spoof. But we gotta talk about this one—no joke about it.

It’s a lecture/sermon by DOCTOR Zakir Naik to thousands of people about the Muslim viewpoint of evolution. The way I understand it, the hominoids evolved into hemorrhoids and the gastropithecines evolved into amoebic dysentery.

You have to see this one to believe it. Very educational, not for the information presented but for a first-hand display of what RR is up against.

Tags: aristopus, atheism, evolution, naik, zakir

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Holy crap, is this guy ever ignorant! He's obviously never read Darwin's book, nor does he seem to have any understanding of biology, or even the definition of theory! He's right in the league of that Turkish twit, whose book on old earth creationism shows a beautiful picture of a "Cadis Fly", that is actual a tied fly fishing fly, with the hook still showing!
Ignorant, bloody memebots!
This imbecile condones the stoning of adulterous ladies and the hanging of homosexuals because it's written in his sacred book.

Did you see the audience he had? Men and women were looking at him like he were a present from Allah. I looked at a few of his videos and the madder I got.

In many Islamic countries women can get executed for being raped. Doesn’t anyone stand up and say, “Hey, wait a minute. The lady had no choice. She was overpowered by a stronger man. How the hell is she guilty, while the prick gets off (punishment)?”

I’m going to put this asshole on my blog. See if I can drum up some interest. Rational people have to stand up and challenge these snake oil salesmen or suffering will continue. They are literally getting away with murder. He even says the Quran has some sort of adultery test. Imagine the horror for a woman to be falsely accused and convicted because of some crazy test. In The Hunchback of Notre Dame, the king spins a dagger and if it points to you, you’re a witch. That took place in 1452. Poor Esmeralda and her goat Jolly, she was a teenager.

It’s got to stop. Maybe the Internet can help. Mohamed Zaki in Egypt is a contributor here. I think the Internet might be the answer to getting to these people. Ultimately, it’s the young people who have to cause changes and save themselves from theocracy, as in Iran.

Richard Dawkins says the zeitgeist changes slowly in parlour conversations and bars. Internet discussions are also a part of change.
Unfortunately, we Norteamericanos are not immune to such evil, mass murder wannabe memes. Take a "moderate" fundie like Rick Warren (please, take him. Take him on a one way trip in the ocean) - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/30/rick-warren-refuses-to-co_... .
Many years ago (well more like almost a couple decades ago), I read a book by a Muslim woman (Moroccan, I think), that had researched the origins of Muslim women being forced to ware the vial/burka/etc. From what she said, Mohammad never liked the idea of women being covered up like that, but was forced to go along with it, as his wives and daughters were attacked, when the went out, by men, for not being covered! Kind of like Jebus telling his followers (his 12 boyfriends) not to make a religion of him, and now we have Christians!
I agree that the zeitgeist changes slowly, and you can see the changes just by looking at old adverts, news papers, or mags. The mass dissemination of progressive information over the internet has definitely begun, but so had the viral spread of bad memes. Provided that we can back up progressive information with good, hard facts, progressive advancement will continue. Unfortunately, I don't think that either of us will live to see our non-theist comrades become the vocal majority.
By the way, I loved your book! :-)
Thanks, man. A reader said he laughed out loud a couple of times. Hope you did the same.

Good points about the video. For some reason the good doctor fascinates me—sort of like, how can this be reality?

The mass dissemination of progressive information over the internet has definitely begun, but so had the viral spread of bad memes. Provided that we can back up progressive information with good, hard facts, progressive advancement will continue. Unfortunately, I don't think that either of us will live to see our non-theist comrades become the vocal majority.

Well said.

As I said in Mirror Reversal, the meaning of life is that it's meaningless. I find satisfaction in trying to make the world a better place for future generations.

There's a line in an old movie called, Breaker Morant, about a South African poet and soldier: "we poets have to seek immortality, you know." If there's no God, humanity is all we have.

I wish it said in the Quran, "humans are peculiar apes infested by meme complexes." Every day I get more an more sure of it.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service