Quick half-hour video introduction to positive psychology. Site here. Can't embed scripted video at all, not even in comment field. - DG

From the site:

Tal Ben-Shahar is an author and lecturer at Harvard University. He currently teaches the largest course at Harvard on "Positive Psychology" and the third largest on "The Psychology of Leadership"--with a total of over 1,400 students. Tal consults and lectures around the world to executives in multi-national corporation, the general public, and at-risk populations. Topics include happiness, self-esteem, resilience, goal setting, mindfulness, and leadership. An avid sportsman, Tal won the U.S. Intercollegiate and Israeli National squash championships. He obtained his PhD in Organizational Behavior and BA in Philosophy and Psychology from Harvard.

Tags: Harvard University, creativity, goals, happiness, leadership, positive psychology, psychology, self-esteem

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting that. I had not heard of positive psychology.
I finished a Positive Psychology class @ JSU a couple of semesters back, and it was pretty good. However, my instructor did not have us focus on Ben-Shahar that much. We did study Glasser's "Choice Theory," and Seligman's "Authentic Happiness," though. Since we did not study "Happier" by Ben-Shahar, I elected to purchase a copy for myself and I have found it to be pretty good as well. I recommend all three of those books to anyone who is looking to develop a different approach to living.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service