Has anyone taken the Myers-Briggs/MBTI? Do you get consistent results?

I have consistently scored INTP during multitudinous testing. I am curious, though, to what degree these tendencies change in short periods of time. As a small experiment, take the quiz, then wait a week and take the quiz again. Post your results if you like!

Here are mine:

Quiz here

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population.

Tags: MBTI, fun, personality, psychology, quiz, test

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Today:

Introverted (I) 64.52% Extroverted (E) 35.48%
Intuitive (N) 77.42% Sensing (S) 22.58%
Thinking (T) 55.56% Feeling (F) 44.44%
Perceiving (P) 72.22% Judging (J) 27.78%
Introverted (I) 78.79% Extroverted (E) 21.21%
Intuitive (N) 51.16% Sensing (S) 48.84%
Thinking (T) 74.19% Feeling (F) 25.81%
Perceiving (P) 53.13% Judging (J) 46.88%

I've taken several of these tests over the years, and I used to always end up an INTJ. I feel like I've changed as a person in this last year however, so it doesn't surprise me that my test result would change.

Also hilarious, in the favored careers info; 'assassin'. Nice.
"Also hilarious, in the favored careers info; 'assassin'. Nice."

Haha. I hadn't noticed that. I will keep professional assassin in mind for my next career change. :P
ISTJ
introverted 62.5%
sensing 75%
thinking 75%
judging 62.5%
ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.
Free Jung Word Choice Test (similar to MBTI)
personality tests by similarminds.com
I always get INTJ.

Introverted (I) 69.23% Extroverted (E) 30.77%
Intuitive (N) 51.43% Sensing (S) 48.57%
Thinking (T) 89.66% Feeling (F) 10.34%
Judging (J) 53.13% Perceiving (P) 46.88%

Variation is likely for many people. Mood, energy levels, etc. can greatly affect how you respond to the items in the test. And if you're close to 50/50 on any of the scales... Strangely I'm usually not so close to 50/50 on the N/S and J/P scales.

It's unfortunate that this is the most popular personality test, and that better ones aren't available to the general public. The MMPI-2 is far more revealing, but you have to be qualified to administer and score it (i.e., it's not something that can just be put up on the web).
btw, has anyone joined the forum that gets mentioned for us introspective types?

http://introspectives.org/forum/index.php

Seems to be quite active.
Well, first impression is that the signal-to-noise ratio is very low. I'll scout around the forums a little more, but so far it doesn't look promising.
I've never seen that. Neat!
I also got INTP.

Introverted (I) 79.31% Extroverted (E) 20.69%
Intuitive (N) 56.41% Sensing (S) 43.59%
Thinking (T) 51.35% Feeling (F) 48.65%
Perceiving (P) 51.43% Judging (J) 48.57%
Global Personality Test Results
Stability (30%) low which suggests you are very worrying, insecure, emotional, and anxious.
Orderliness (66%) moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, reliable, neat, and hard working at the expense of flexibility, efficiency, spontaneity, and fun.
Extraversion (50%) medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being assertive and social and being withdrawn and solitary.
Take Free Global Personality Test
personality tests by similarminds.com
http://leat.mypersonality.info/

I more or less almost scores the same. There were several months between the first and last time I did it.
Extroverted (E) 60% Introverted (I) 40%
Intuitive (N) 51.35% Sensing (S) 48.65%
Feeling (F) 61.76% Thinking (T) 38.24%
Perceiving (P) 63.64% Judging (J) 36.36%

Your type is: ENFP

ENFP - "Journalist". Uncanny sense of the motivations of others. Life is an exciting drama. 8.1% of total population.

I have had very consistent results since the first time I tested in 2001

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Neanderthal Man replied to Napoleon Bonaparte's discussion Le Pape: Ma vie masturbatoire in the group Les Athées Napoléonienne
12 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man replied to Marie Walewska's discussion Egyptian TV Host Kicks Guest Out of Studio for Expressing Controversial Ideas on Religion in the group Les Athées Napoléonienne
49 minutes ago
Luara replied to Russell Pangborn's discussion People Generally Don't Like Whistle Blowers
55 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to Pat's discussion Catholic Church Welcomes LGBTQI - NAW! Just Kidding, Suckers. We Still Loathe You! in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
1 hour ago
Loren Miller replied to Deidre's discussion What are u listening to?
1 hour ago
Michael Penn replied to Russell Pangborn's discussion People Generally Don't Like Whistle Blowers
1 hour ago
Neanderthal Man replied to Napoleon Bonaparte's discussion Viking Trance in the group Les Athées Napoléonienne
1 hour ago
Neanderthal Man replied to Napoleon Bonaparte's discussion Viking Trance in the group Les Athées Napoléonienne
2 hours ago
Lemual Poot posted a photo
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Kacie Tsao commented on Kacie Tsao's blog post Religion is somehow different… (a meandering ramble about linguistics, atheism, and weird cognitive biases)
2 hours ago
Michael Penn replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion Mississippi Group Seeks to Declare Christianity as State Religion
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service