Official Kick-off for CFI in Portland - Speaker @ OMSI, October 14th (date updated)

I'm excited to tell you that The Center For Inquiry is officially kicking off it's Portland Community in Style. We have rented out OMSI for October 14th and brought in Lawrence Krauss to give his speech on:

"Science, Non-Science, and Nonsense: From the Classroom to the Capitol

A lot of people Chipped in Hundreds of dollars so we could make this speaker Free to the public. I hope every one of you can make it and bring friends!

Help Support us build a vibrant community of Atheists in the Portland Area. This event is for you, and it's important we see as many of you there as possible. This event will determine the future of all other events and whether we can turn our community into something more (like a brick and mortar building), or a model for other cities around the nation to create their own vibrant atheist organizations.

Anyone who has a new or current CFI membership can join us and Lawrence Krauss in a catered reception before the event! A CFI membership is $60/year ($20 for students) and is tax deductible.

More Details at:
http://secularhumanism.meetup.com/21/calendar/8748701/

Tags: CFI, Center for inquiry, Lawrence Krauss, OMSI, Portland

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

To avoid conflict with the final Presidential Debate, as you can see from the edited post, we have change the date from the 15th --> 14th. Hope everyone can make it to this Free event! I'm looking forward to meeting the Atheist Nexus community in Person!

Thanks to everyone who showed up. The Krauss event was a huge success. We were hoping for 200 people, and got 340... We were actually 1 or 2 people over the fire code limit for the room! We hope to bring in more speakers in the future a couple times per year. Thanks for your support!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service