I know, some people urge me to "get a life," "my anger does more harm to atheism than good," "why am I so angry?" "present the evidence". I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard these and other such responses. But stop and think about it a minute, what do the 1% want from the 99%?

obedience? 

submission? 

follow direction? 

do as your told? 

yield to authority? 

passivity?

dependency? 

herd mentality? 

fear? 

hope? 

division (as in hierarchy)?

helplessness?

sacrifice?

follow direction? 

teach obedience?

discourage critical thinking?

forgive them for they know not what they do?

Do you see a pattern here? Do these words ring with familiarity? Do you see research funded that shows not only correlation but cause? Who benefits by these behaviors? Who  pays? Do these behaviors enhance flourishing? 

These ingredients maintain and perpetuate the passive lifestyle. Does this sound familiar?  

Views: 258

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed!

I don't think they are indifferent to it, I think they are worried I'm going to pop a blood-vessel or something because I get really mad every time! :)  My Atheist, Very Liberal (like me) daughter, discusses things rationally and calmly with people.  She will never let-up.  She is a great debater.  I however, just get angry, and start sputtering...  I think of great things to say later. 

Oh Yes! "sputtering and thinking of great things to say later" are all too familiar.

I get performance anxiety because I am always spouting a viewpoint that no one here (my town, family, work place) shares

That is one of the reasons I like being 76 years old. I don't have to answer to anyone, not even my kids. I don't have to be nice, unless I want to be. I don't owe anyone anything, except reciprocal friendship and neighborliness. Those are fun obligations. I no longer have to be on time for work, or ask for time off, or hope I get my vacation hours/days. The down side is I am too pooped to do anything like I used to do. Oh well, I have a paradise in my back yard and who wants to go traipsing off to something that costs a lot of money anyway. 

I have strong opinions and can express them without it costing me anything. Oh, I would have it so for you, too. 

Hear hear!

Joan I need to put tongue rings in all my self-piercings, I'm constantly biting my tongue to keep my head where we live!

Yes, where is the anger that is long overdue? Are we so cowed (is that how to spell what I mean), that we are impotent? 

Let's hear a cheer for anger! and then go out and have some fun!

Hooray for anger!!!!! Lol!  Seriously, we SHOULD be angry instead of terrified.  This country was NOT FOUNDED FOR christians.  IT IS A FREE COUNTRY meant for EVERYONE. not just rich, white, christians!!!!!!!!!!!!

I offer an affirmative to that! Anger is a whole lot better than terror! A FREE COUNTRY! YES!

Right booklover - let's be angry.

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service