http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/without_saying_a_word_this_6_mi...

If this doesn't turn one off to meat processing and consumption, nothing will.

Views: 1291

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Luara, thanks for the information. Laura and I are returning to Spokane from my six day visit for my 15th chemo and a stop at the store. I will include more vegetables, Quinoa and amaranth. I appreciate your note.

I am one of those who is very slowly coming around to eating vegan. I was born in a small farming town, and we all grew up eating meat for every meal. My grandfather Denoo and my Dad owned slaughter houses and butcher shops in small farming communities so it was just natural for me to be around the whole process. I am not proud of that fact, it is just a fact.

I had that tough struggle with chemo and my doctors did a complete blood work on me and found I developed anemia and had some other problems caused by the cancer treatment. They made some adjustments to the chemo, and I started taking B6 and B12, The nutritionist reviewed my meal plans and made some adjustments. I don't know if that is what caused the improvement I experienced, but I do feel a lot better.

I do find a lot of conflicting information on the internet, and it takes some digging to find good research studies. I don't accept anecdotal evidence, until and unless I can find some supporting research. One friend keeps calling me and telling me I have to stop chemo and take Oxygen peroxide because his friend had 100% remission doing that. Well, that just is not good enough for me. He may be correct, but I like life too much to go on one case study. I also like life too much to eat meat, especially as I understand the suffering caused by modern farming techniques.

Plants Absorb B12 Analogue When Fertilized with Cow Dung
http://veganhealth.org/b12/plant#dung

One friend keeps calling me and telling me I have to stop chemo and take Oxygen peroxide because his friend had 100% remission doing that. Well, that just is not good enough for me.

If you have a serious health problem, all sorts of people start pushing BS at you, their fantasy solution. 

Napoleon, the whole notion of "culling" humans is so repulsive I am just going to set it aside and address other points you make.

Yes, I have no doubt that we have reached 'Earth Overshoot Day' and the environment will continue to decline until we humans overpopulate the earth, strip the Earth of its resources and cause massive climate change. We are our own worst enemies.

I may be an atheist wimp and not be willing to take on the solutions of culling that others have chosen. In fact, I would be the first in line to fight against such slaughters. I do think, however, that we have gone too far over the tipping point, and my great-grandchildren's lives will not be as pleasant and peaceful as mine. I don't know what to do about the Earth, but I do know I can live more simply and offer an example to the following generations coming up behind me. We are already doing it in some ways but not enough. We will be faced with forced reduction of population and change in agriculture and food supplies. We should have started long ago; it may be too late for recovery of the old norm and have to create a new one.

Atheist wimps should stand aside for Atheists of the calibre of Josef Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao Zedung to get the necessary work done.

Joan, I assure you that the idea of culling 3 to 4 billion homo sapiens is not so much repulsive as humorous. What's more it's impossible. I just can't stress the seriousness of our species position in relation to the natural world enough. Frankly, it's too late.

What have you done about it?

My hunt is on for B12 sources. I used key words "source for B12 vegan". Ran across some interesting information about Swiss Cheese and B12. Took a detour to local goat cheese makers and discover we have a treasury of fine goat cheeses made right within 20 miles. Most of them sell at our local Huckleberry's Natural Market on S. Monroe. One of the extra benefits is the Bistro makes things from scratch using locally grown vegetables and fruits. Their eatery is in the grocery store and has the usual noise of such a place. The chef fixes me a salmon steak straight from the fish monger with a side of freshly roasted vegetable; they taste delicious. 

I wonder if your area might have some delicious, nutritious Swiss cheese makers? Hopefully available in a market with the added benefit of a dandy Bistro. 

Top 5 Natural Vegetarian sources of Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)

What Every Vegan Should Know About Vitamin B12

"There is nothing natural about the abomination of modern factory farming and its attempt to reduce living, feeling beings to machines. In choosing to use fortified foods or B12 supplements, vegans are taking their B12 from the same source as every other animal on the planet - micro-organisms - without causing suffering to any sentient being or causing environmental damage."

Vitamin B12 in the Vegan Diet

"Tempeh, miso, sea vegetables, and other plant foods are sometimes reported to contain vitamin B12. These products, however, are not reliable sources of the vitamin. The standard method for measuring vitamin B12 in foods measures both active and inactive forms of vitamin B12. The inactive form (also called analogues) actually interferes with normal vitamin B12 absorption and metabolism (6). When only active vitamin B12 is measured, plant foods including fermented soyfoods and sea vegetables do not contain significant amounts of active vitamin B12 (7)."

Demand for goat cheese spurs growth in region’s artisan cheese makers

9th Street Bistro

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service