10 of the Most Appalling Statements From America's Right-Wing Madho...

1. On Fox TV, it is assumed that the Nicaraguan meteorologist knows all about tacos.

2. Poor Ted Cruz: first a Republican “lynch mob” is after him, and then Democrats hurt his feelings.

3. Rep. William O’Brien, (R-NH): “Obamacare is as bad as Fugitive Slave Act.”

4. Rep. Todd Rokita, (R-IN): Obamacare is the worst law known to man, pretty lady.

5. Not to be outdone: Bill O’Reilly finally weighs in on Obamacare

6. Rafael Cruz (Yep, Ted’s Dad): Obama’s on the side of the Muslims.

7. Rick Joyner, Christian TV host: Time for God to impose martial law to save us from Obama’s tyranny.

8. Pat Robertson to elderly woman viewer: It’s your fault your husband’s health his suffering.

9. PA officials continue their rich history of offensive same-sex marriage analogies: This week, it’s pets and incest.

10. Hatefulness prize-winner of the week: Fox News’ Stuart Varney.

These institutions and individuals easily blame others for being poor and needing help; they should spend a day each month talking with people who, for whatever reason, need help. It is far too easy to sit in their plush chairs making judgments about others about whom they know nothing. Or talk with the teachers and administrators who attempt to educate their children to be good citizens and decent human beings. Or talk with the military personnel who volunteer for the all-volunteer army because they have been unable to find jobs that pay living wages. Even their families pay a price so others can live with a decent income, nice home and enough to eat. Or Just listen for a while; stop talking and start listening. Maybe even try to live on what wage-workers get for their labors.

Compassion should be part of their job descriptions or included in their mission statements.   

Fox's Stuart Varney
Photo Credit: screenshot via youtube.com

Views: 116

Replies to This Discussion

The ability of some men ... yeah and some women (notably with initials like S.P. and M.B.) ... to purposefully shove their heads up their anuses continues to amaze and astound me.

Loren, I agree, there is no reasoning taking place in their craniums.

They don't even try to sound rational! Who buys that crap?

Chris, sadly, too many USA citizens and voters.

I just can't believe any of this.  I do believe it but I really wish it was just satire by some very funny political jokster.

The sad fact is that they know that they can say it and get away with it ... because their audience is part of the same echo chamber that the speakers subscribe to, listening only to their side of the story, manufacturing their own "facts," and refusing to listen to an opposing opinion.  Consider the following:

"A popular government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy, or perhaps both."
-- James Madison

Sadly, the farce is already self-evident ... and I fear the tragedy which may follow.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service