I suspect there may be many of these to be found around the net, but as a starter, here's one I stumbled across on another forum by someone that I'm sure is a genuine fully brainwashed Christian.

Towards the end of her post, which was all CAPS, except for the piece here, she shared:

"RECOMMENED SONGS "I believe by Marvin Sapp" and "Never Would Have Made It by Marvin Sapp"

hear it at www.imeem.com"

the "giveaway" was the imeem.com site.. imeme?... add that to the guy's surname and, imo, you have a UPOE.

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

My friend, I don't master very well English language and I really didn't get what you said. What is about the name "sapp"? How is this a POE ?
And I am about as pedantically literate as you're going to get, and I don't get it either.
If Felch doesn't get it then I don't feel so stupid because I too don't get it.
Maybe its a Brit thing - A "Sap" is generally a derogatory term applied to a person, eg "you poor sap".

If it was just his name, then yeah, not really a POE - but with the website name being so close to "meme", which is one way of looking at religious fervour, it struck me as something that could have been written as part of an intentional POE.

Or maybe my imagination is just too twisted :D

Anyway, the intention behind this discussion was hopefully to find more unintentional POEs by those who take their religion way too seriously.
No. Poes don't involve depth of thought. You'll recognize them when you see the box facing forward and backward alternatingly:

Except that, instead of the front and back of a box, it'll be a parodist or a fundamentalist.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Sentient Biped replied to Adam's discussion UUA
6 minutes ago
Luara replied to Deidre32's discussion Happy Labor Day!
6 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark commented on Deidre32's blog post Pascal's Wager -- Your Fate is a Crapshoot
9 minutes ago
Luara replied to Adam's discussion Political Ideology
15 minutes ago
Pat replied to Adam's discussion Political Ideology
21 minutes ago
Jonathan Tweet commented on Deidre32's blog post Are you a spiritual atheist?
22 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark commented on Deidre32's blog post Pascal's Wager -- Your Fate is a Crapshoot
25 minutes ago
Plinius commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
34 minutes ago
Susan Stanko replied to Adam's discussion Political Ideology
36 minutes ago
Plinius commented on Calla's group Nexus Book Club
38 minutes ago
Adam posted discussions
38 minutes ago
Pat replied to Adam's discussion Political Ideology
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service