Jaume's Discussions (996)

Discussions Replied To (9) Replies Latest Activity

"I think you'd still need E = hν It's right there, although the formulation is diffe…"

Jaume replied May 31, 2010 to God said, “div D = ρ, div B = 0, curl E = - ðB/ðt, curl H = J + ðD/ðt,” and there was light.

24 Apr 23
Reply by Luara

"Laplace (allegedly replying to Napoleon): "Sire, I had no need for this [God] hypoth…"

Jaume replied May 31, 2010 to God said, “div D = ρ, div B = 0, curl E = - ðB/ðt, curl H = J + ðD/ðt,” and there was light.

24 Apr 23
Reply by Luara

"This appears to go to an inquiry I have always been nagged by: the strange quality o…"

Jaume replied Jan 12, 2010 to Probably lazy of me to ask here - but what happens to matter/energy at absolute zero?

11 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by thewoodenwand

"You'll still have some contrast between the macroscopic and microscopic levels. And…"

Jaume replied Jan 12, 2010 to Probably lazy of me to ask here - but what happens to matter/energy at absolute zero?

11 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by thewoodenwand

"Molecular motion never fully ceases near absolute zero, although it slows enough to…"

Jaume replied Jan 11, 2010 to Probably lazy of me to ask here - but what happens to matter/energy at absolute zero?

11 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by thewoodenwand

"Assuming you can make a 'gravity bottle' (using a small black hole), the photons wou…"

Jaume replied Dec 31, 2009 to My little bottle of photons

15 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by thewoodenwand

"Not possible, because of radiation pressure: your photons will quickly lose all thei…"

Jaume replied Dec 31, 2009 to My little bottle of photons

15 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by thewoodenwand

"Gee, what do you mean by "scientific possibilities"? Where's the underlying science…"

Jaume replied Jul 3, 2009 to So what happened before the big bang?

10 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by thewoodenwand

"AFAIK, string theory is supposed to be background independent, although some critics…"

Jaume replied Jul 3, 2009 to String theory, background-independence, and supersymmetry

5 Apr 3, 2012
Reply by Jessica Berman

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service