There's two groups for Philly and one group for Pittsburgh, but nothing for the rest of the state. It's a pretty big state, really. And I don't know if anyone's noticed, but gas is awfully pricey nowadays and the option of driving three plus hours to either of these cities (don't get me wrong, Pitt, I do love you...and Philly, sorry but I've never been) is not really an option at all. Here's a little group to help us find each other, hopefully a little closer, and maybe folks can go grab beers (or what have you).

So...who are ya? Where are ya? Whaddayado? Either put it here or feel free to start your very own thread. :)

Views: 35

Replies to This Discussion

My name is Trish and I am in Redaing Pa. I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids. I have lived here for about 3 years now, with my boyfriend Mike.
I'd be in for grabbin' beers with some PA atheists.
I'll be living in, of all places, Bethlehem, PA soon enough. The world's longest open and running bookstore is in Bethlehem. It's called the Moravian Bookshop and it's been open since 1745 or 6.
Are the links Greg posted the same places IsThatLatin was thinking of or are they completely different? Does anyone know what's become of the Atheist Station out in Gallitzin, PA? Is it still running? If so it's unfortunately about a 4 hour drive from where I'll be living when I move out to PA. I wouldn't mind checking the place out sometime, but I doubt I could make regular visits. I'll have to find something closer to home.
Quarryville, Lancaster County, SouthCentral , Susqhehanna Valley. 10 to 15 minutes from the Maryland line. I was born in Lancaster City but grew up in Akron/ Ephrata area and had my mothers side of the family in Reading. I also have family in Litiz and Leola Pa. The perfect place to grab beers is my place. :-) I've got plenty to spare and recently moved from Lancaster City (finally) to this beautiful little A-Frame in the woods. The road I live near is a major route connector for the Amish and is sometimes referred to as "Clop Hill" because of all the horse and buggies that traverse the road daily and especially on Saturdays and Sundays. It really messes with me sometimes being an atheist and living smack in the middle of one of the most religious areas in this country. But its nice to know that there are other atheists nearby.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service