Children of the Damned
Heathen Homeschool

Websites:
Secular Parenting
The Meming of Life
The Foundation Beyond Belief
Darwin's Treehouse
Charlie's Playhouse
Parenting Science - Evidence Based Information for the Thinking Par...

Parenting Books:
Parenting Beyond Belief Dale McGowan
Raising Freethinkers: A Practical Guide for Parenting Beyond Belief Dale McGowan

Kids books:
Just Pretend Dan Barker
Maybe Yes, Maybe No: A Guide for Young Skeptics Dan Barker
Maybe Right, Maybe Wrong: A Guide for Young Thinkers Dan Barker
Humanism, What's That?: A Book for Curious Kids Helen Bennett
The Tree Of Life: The Wonders of Evolution Ellen Jackson
Illustrated Book Of Myths Neil Philip
Flat Earth? Round Earth? Theresa Martin
The Tree That Time Built: A Celebration of Nature, Science, and Ima... poetry by Mary Ann Hoberman

This list is not intended to cover general parenting subjects which are numerous. Science for kids, critical thinking, religious studies, raising children without religion and more. If you find something that you'd like to see added please reply to this post with complete information (link, title, author etc.).

Tags: atheist, books, critical thinking, kids, resources, websites

Views: 389

Replies to This Discussion

Another Kids book:
The Tree That Time Built by By: Mary Ann Hoberman, Linda Winston, Barbara Fortin
The Tree That Time Built is a moving anthology of more than 100 poems celebrating the wonders of the natural world and encouraging environmental awareness. With a focus on the outdoors, this collection taps into today's environmental movement and also presents wonders of nature and science, most especially Darwin's theory of evolution, from which this collection gains its name. Included is an exclusive audio CD of many of the poets reading their own work.
Thank you Jaime that book looks terrific. The CD is a great bonus. My 6 year old likes listening to audio books especially ones that are a bit to hard for him to read yet.

Our Family Tree: An Evolution Story by Lisa Westberg Peters 

Just got this one yesterday, and I must say, it was pretty amazing the connections my daughter was able to make in understanding evolution after reading this book.  Much better than after listening to my fumbled attempts at explaining these things!

Raising Freethinnkers: A Practical Guide for Parenting Beyond Belief is a GREAT book and I strongly recommend.  For the first few chapters, I felt like they were holding standards incredibly high for parents, and I got a little discouraged.  But, reading the entire book, it was full of great information, resources, and games to play with your children.
"Evolution Revolution: From Darwin to DNA" - Robert Winston

"Evolution: How We and All Living Things Came to Be" - Daniel Loxton

Two more great kids books. The Winston book is good is great to read with your 1st/2nd graders and starts by examining creation stories. The Loxton book is slightly more advanced and ends in challenging creation and ID.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Sentient Biped replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
15 minutes ago
Christine replied to Sentient Biped's discussion If Atheists spoke to religious people the way religious people speak to atheists"
17 minutes ago
Christine replied to sflmac's discussion God cured Doctor's Ebola disease.
20 minutes ago
John Jubinsky liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life
23 minutes ago
John Jubinsky replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
23 minutes ago
Christine replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
25 minutes ago
sflmac posted a discussion
27 minutes ago
ShroudedAtheist joined Steph S.'s group
27 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Flying Spaghetti Monster invades heaven.
38 minutes ago
Meri Weathers shared Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion on Google +1
39 minutes ago
Meri Weathers liked Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Ecosystem found under Antarctic ice sheet raises hopes for alien life
39 minutes ago
ShroudedAtheist joined David Thornton's group
40 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service