My son will be born within the next few weeks. As first time parents, hubby and I are super excited but also nervous. We've done tons of research (thanks to this group for many helpful links!) but I guess you can never feel completely prepared. Any last minute advice or encouraging words from fellow secular parents?! :-)

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

He's here! And his daddy and I are having a blast. The past three weeks have been the best of my life! Thanks so much for all of the encouragement and advice. I don't think labor and delivery could have gone any smoother...especially considering he weighed 8 1/2 lbs and I am very small (about 95 lbs). It really was a wonderful experience!

Thanks again!

Oh, he's precious! Congratulations :) I am glad all went well.
He is absolutely beautiful. And he looks very sleepy! I remember that first week. Good luck, and if you need any specific mommy advice, I'm still raising a two year old. :)
Don't let anybody bully you into putting your kids in a religious environment. Relatives may offer books that have religious subtext, or crosses, or whatever. Don't be afraid to tell them 'No. We live in a secular household'.
My son is 16 weeks. He was born May 2nd actually! I can't wait to teach him everything I know about the world. Which happens to be a heck of a lot more than what 'faith' can teach him. I will be leaning on resources like this group here and others for advice to help me. I think its going to be fun. :)

Congrats!!!  

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service