http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/49647012.html?video=YHI&t=a

Ethan (green shirt) at the 1:12 mark answering a question and Justin (red/grey stripe shirt) at the :60 mark giving a hug to another child. We were playing at the local mall last week, they were there doing this story. The gimmick was that even kids could do a better job settling their differences than the yahoos in the NY legislature.

:D

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

That is so cool! I notice your kids are not only cute, they're damn smart, too!
Hehe, thank you!
Fantastic! Who says that kids who are raised with humanistic values cannot be good kids or understand kindness?

My 11 year old was at the 4-H camp today and they were talking about stress and healthy ways to cope with stress. Anyhow a checklist was given out that inclued 'religion' as one of the things a person could use to help manage stress (if I'm understanding my son correctly). The kids were supposed to check off the things they use/do to manage stress. One of the adult counselors happened by and noticed that my son left the 'religion' box unchecked. She asked him why and he said, "I don't have religion. I don't believe in god". He said she looked surprised and told him he probably needed to check the box and walked away and looked annoyed.

"She gave me a really weird look", my son said.

Poor folks. They just can't conceive of not others not needing imaginary friends! And at a 4-H camp! The horror!
Sad. Sad that someone (a child no less) who doesn't believe in god is an annoyance to other people. Good for your son, although to him I'm sure her reaction was puzzling.
My second grade teacher used to send back my papers with my first name "corrected" for spelling. (Which is why I changed my name to Angie when I was 12.)
That's awesome! Did your kids make a big deal out of it, or could they care less since they were playing?
They really didn't care much. I showed the video to Ethan and he seemed totally unimpressed that he was on TV. Perhaps if we had actually seen the news broadcast he would have felt differently.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Pat replied to Loren Miller's discussion Anti-Islam ads coming to NYC buses, subways (CBS News) in the group Atheist News
18 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Richard C Brown's group learnerscoffeeshack
22 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
39 minutes ago
Joseph Corder replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Chimp-on-chimp murder. Humans are not the only violent species.
1 hour ago
Loren Miller added a discussion to the group Atheist News
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
1 hour ago
Luara replied to MattyLJ's discussion Moving to Florida
1 hour ago
Joseph Corder posted photos
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
2 hours ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
2 hours ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service