Hi all!

First off, I'm a total book nerd, and I'm always at the library for new atheist titles, docs, and also books for my children.

I thought it would be a good idea to start reading books about mythology to my kids. They love fairy tales, so it's pretty much the same thing. :)

Many of you are probably already familiar with the DK children's book series. They have tons of titles about countless subjects. I found their mythology book and was pleasently surprised to see they added all current religions to other ancient myths. Their page on the creation stories has a Native American view of the world being born on the shell of a turtle right next to a depiction of Adam and Eve.

I thought it was a great resource when introducing children to different beliefs. Here's the link: http://us.dk.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780756660369,00.html?strSr...#

as a side note, this book is suited for about 5 years and older.

Tags: mythology, parenting, religion

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

Will totally look for that. My son (6) loves the eyewitness books!  Thanks for the tip.  

Just as an addendum - my son really enjoyed Pyramids - and it had great activities that make you think about morality - moral government and things like that - it is an exploration of ancient egypt- review here: http://sumogirl.com/sumomambo/index.php?option=com_content&task... 

Thanks Jennifer! I'm always on the look out for books for me or my kids :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Patricia replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
2 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
5 minutes ago
Steve replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
11 minutes ago
The Devian replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
12 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
14 minutes ago
Future replied to MattyLJ's discussion Ever had a family member die
16 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Freethinker31's discussion Family Values
22 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
33 minutes ago
Profile IconLeon K and Taxi Paul joined Atheist Nexus
38 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Don't leave your keys on your desk: company copies keys from photos for $6 in the group Hang With Friends
43 minutes ago
Grinning Cat added a discussion to the group Hang With Friends
58 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Optical Illusions in the group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service